Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is ShowEQ for windows a possibility?

Is ShowEQ for windows a possibility?

Just wondering if there was any way to run showEQ on windows , i know there probably isnt =P. Anyway , if not, ill just head back into my little hidey hole and save up for a new computer. If there is a way , i would appreciate anyone helping me to run showEQ =) thanks all

In a word, no. If there were a windows version VI would spend much money/effort defeating it. There were windows versions in the past and that is what happened.

BTW The search feature is your friend..

Talking thanks =)

didnt really think it through as to why there wasn't a windows version to begin with =P
    thanks for the info

Can we get this stickyfied?

If you want a windows version of SEQ then please post your name and home address and someone will mail you a package to take care of all your problems. Don't worry about the ticking. Things will be much clearer to you when that stops.

RSB
    RSB

It's not difficult to get it working with VMware if you're really interested. Just download 'WinPcap' (the Windows version of libpcap) and write a small program to forward all UDP packets to the IP of the VMware Linux session, and fudge Packet.CPP to suit. Works fine for me

I just read some things about updecho *sp* and was wondering if i could possibly use that to get SEQ and EQ to run on the same machine(windows) or if i absolutely need a linux machine.

you need linux
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

Dude, computers are VERY cheap these days and a little Linux knowlege is worth a lot. Check out a computer show, or stop by a local shop and buy a P.O.S. computer for a few bucks, download linux from redhat's website and get into this as deep as you can. eventually, with a LOT of internet research and a little tenacity you will be running SEQ on a $100 computer and be damn proud of it! Oh, by the way, Welcome to our addiction
    Say no to sig.

Originally posted by Virusmaster
    you will be running SEQ on a $100 computer and be damn proud of it! Oh, by the way, Welcome to our addiction
    $100?!? I bought my POS (p2-300, 128 ram, 2gb hd, net card, vid card) for $40 It's the monitor that's expensive, but even that is manageble if you don't mind an old 14"-er.
    -FGay Trader er... GFay

Talking

Got ShowEQ running on a P100 with 32MB and a 4MB HD (Typo Ofcourse = 4Gb =)), Matrox Millennium II 4MB GFX card. Bought it for 18$. Without Monitor ofcourse.
    Last edited by Mr. Suspicious; 05-16-2002 at 07:24 PM.
    Before asking anything read the pre-face section of http://www.smoothwall.org/download/p....9/doc.faq.pdf

after you've read it, you know what to do next...

"Stay alert! Trust noone! Keep your Lazers Handy! Have a nice day." -- Provided courtesy of the Computer. The Computer never lies.

Wow, the graphics card has more memory than the system has storage .

I've had it running on a P150 laptop with 80MB RAM (was 32MB till recently).

I just used the first computer I had when I graduated HS.

500mhz with (I upgraded ram) to 128, and a voodoo 3 vid card. the monitor is an old PoS I had in my closet for testing. 14" that only runs at 640x480.

Broke out my old hub that I replaced with a router when the port 1 broke. but since I only need 3 of the 4 ports it all works.

Kinda odd though. I have a brand new system I built, sitting right next to an old scared, dented, drawn on comp, with no case cover. a nice 19" flat screen monitor next to the 14" scratched up PoS, that you cannot even make the visable area take up the entier screen with. and that old hum sitting next to a nice shiny router.

Looks like the good, VS the bad & ugly.

Will SEQ run smoothly on a P100 ?? Like at 10FPS?

SEQ runs fine on a P150 at 2fps. I don't think there is any real need to run it much faster than that (at least not that I've seen).

Thread Information