Thread: Question..

Question..

Please excuse my ignorance here. I know this has almost definitely been answered somewhere somewhen but I can't seem to find it. I am just wondering if there is a windows ver. of SEQ or if there are even plans of making one (I don't want to download 1+GB of linux or install it, I have had some bad experiences hehe). Thanks.

Also, if this has been answered before I would be glad to just have a link to the post/article/news or whatever.
    - Velius
    "Hell hath no fury like the vast robot armies of a woman's scorn."

Okay

Thanks for the speedy response...guess I will just have to wait till I get my new box and install linux or develope a windows version myself (lol ya right). Hehe.
    - Velius

as an alternative, i believe if you have a fairly decent workstation (i'd say either a dual cpu 800mhz OR a single cpu 1.2+ghz with 512mb+ of ram) you could use VMWare or ummm... i think there is one made by Connectix and run a linux machine ON your eq computer. you would then run eq in a window, and have to alt tab-a-lot (we like to eat spam-a-lot, i push the pram-a-lot). this would take a lot of horse power though :)

LOL

Nah I can't pull that, I only have a p3 450 with 128mb ram...gonna get 512mb more soon though (Luclin). Plus I don't want to download linux...I'm on crappy 56k
    Last edited by Velius; 12-24-2001 at 10:36 PM.
    - Velius

Linux

Buy a distro package... Can't be more than 15 bucks. No need to download on a 56k conn...

And yes, thank god no WinSEQ! Don't even mention that name here!

Ugh!

Ouch... I did it myself...

LOL I downloaded both cd's of mandrake 8.1 on my cable conn...t was still bad though b/c I was only getting 30kb/sec

Also, I have to spend all my money on ram for luclin...and possibly a new vid card...I am not unhappy with upgrading though. hehe
    - Velius

ftp install of debian > *

can get a full dev environment and X in about 150-200 megs of downloads, no need to download the 2 gigs of crap mandrake makes you install

and did i mention apt > rpm?
    casey AT trifocus DOT net

Just for laughs

About 5 months ago (before DSL got here... no cable available...) I downloaded RH7.2.... I used GetRight (to recover from failed connections) and a 56k connection..... It only took three days to get the file, but then I didn't know about SEQ And wasn't in a hurry....

So, low and behold I start the install.....

"Plesae insert Disk 2"

AAAARRRRRGGGHHH!!!!

Another three days later, I was able to do the install again!

Thought some of you would appreciate that.

LOL! I feel your pain. I have downloaded 2 gigs of files just to have it say "File is corrupted, please download again." hehe Ya I heard mandrake is crap (after I experienced it for myself, I had to reset my hd to 0's lol) a couple of days after I got it. I was told to go debian...I think I will start it and just go to bed and hope it is still DLing in the morning
    - Velius

Thread Information