Thread: New maps in CVS?

New maps in CVS?

I was just wondering if all these new maps that Mr. S and others are posting are going to end up in the cvs. I only ask because it would be a pain to grab all these new files to have them overwritten with a cvs update. I used to add my own map locations until I realized the cvs was overwriting them.

Thanks for the great work to those who are editing maps.

Uptill now I just made a posting of proposed changes to the patch section. This aternoon I found this message:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthrea...ight=add+patch

That suggests it's possible to supply a patch suggestion "back to cvs" or something, CVS is still Abracadabra to me.l... I'm still decoding what's mentioned there (between finishing reading "Linux for Dummies" and reading "More C++ for Dummies" ~ halfway through now)

Anyone know if there's a CVS fo dummies aswell? =P
    Last edited by Mr. Suspicious; 05-28-2002 at 06:32 AM.
    Before asking anything read the pre-face section of http://www.smoothwall.org/download/p....9/doc.faq.pdf

after you've read it, you know what to do next...

"Stay alert! Trust noone! Keep your Lazers Handy! Have a nice day." -- Provided courtesy of the Computer. The Computer never lies.

Search the forums for "patch" there is an excellent thread written about patching... you can also find information behind the (*gasp*) "patches" link above... or at www.cvshome.org....

--Jeeves

Uh oh, Jeeves giving search advice to Mr. S.

*pulls up a chair to watch the carnage*

Just kidding guys, I think I have learned as much about *nix and places to go to learn more about *nix on these boards than I have in my time as an admin. Well, maybe not quite, but you know what I mean.

Mr. S, for a guy who just picked up Linux a few weeks ago you answer as many questions here as anyone. Want a job? I'm hiring.

Thread Information