Thread: Just a thought we had the other night.

Just a thought we had the other night.

We were playing EQ and had our SEQ boxes up and running when all of the sudden both our boxes crashed. We knew another person online that had the same problem at the same time.

We got the thought that maybe VI likes to send little SEQ killer packets just so it can track the people that log in and out over a period of time to find potential SEQ users.

Does anyone think there maybe some validity to this or just pure imagination?

Input welcome.

just pure imagination
    Yup ..

Well, they'd never catch me that way... ...I don't logout or zone or anything just to get SEQ back after a crash...
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

./showeq --restore-all

kinda negates them checking for people to log out etc

Plus think about it. They send out these packets then monitor for everyone zoning out and back? Ummm how many people do you think would normally be zoning in a 5 minute period?

More than likely you both got the same packette that SEQ doesn't handled right yet since you where in the same area.
    RSB

Speaking of crashing, EQ crashed the other night - video died. But using SEQ, I kept on playing - killed 2 more mobs by watching the map, then camped out and rebooted. That was an odd feeling.

I've done that. Fighting blind is fun. Works best when you are grouped with a friend and can /assist them to find the mob to kill.

Last edited by Rayden; 06-14-2002 at 10:30 AM.

Thread Information