Thread: How do I compile SEQ where my power went off?

How do I compile SEQ where my power went off?

Hello,
    I've been compiling SEQ with a Pentium 133 laptop with 8 meg of ram for the past 4 days. And power went off. How do I compile the rest of the program without restarting from the beginning again?

Please help.

-thanks,
    DBZ

Ummm... just type make && make install... it will only build what needs to be built...

On a side note, with 8MB of RAM this application will be useless to you.. X itself has a footprint of > 8MB.. you will be swapping so much, it really isnt going work very well for you..

--Jeeves

Muahaha, after taking 2 weeks to compile Seq, it is finally done. Damnit, the prog is outdated already.

8 megs?!? Where did you find that, museum of computer history?

/em runs away before this thread turns into "who has the oldest computer ever" discussion.
    -FGay Trader er... GFay

Wow.. I've got an old laptop myself, p90, 1.2gb hdd and 40mb RAM (8mb factory and 32mb added on). It usually sits in it's carrying bag in the corner My whole point on this though is you should be able to get a 32 or 64mb addon chip for that laptop without paying too much. You might want to check on eBay or somethin...

Yes, with a 2 week compile time, you are always going to be behind in versions. It has been quite a while (if ever) that I recall 2 weeks without an update.

I think my work just donated a few laptops better than P133 a few weeks ago to charity...

And, like I said earlier.. with 8MB or RAM, it isnt going to be runnable anyway.. what you are seeing on the screen is going to always be from 2 or 3 minutes ago, which makes it pretty useless... go buy more RAM, its cheap..

--Jeeves

Thread Information