Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spawnlist.txt

spawnlist.txt

We really need some new spawnlist.txt files from people. There are still many zones that havent been covered very well. If you could please send us your spawnlist.txt files.

The EQEmu group also has a need for them. It will help them populate the world on the emulator. Your spawn lists will help not only us, but also emu too.

please send them to [email protected]

Thanks again
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

In addition feel free to comment on what's out there such as "XXX needs to be listed" or "YYY is nothing because he's for ZZZ"

Don't worry about spellings, I'm keeping a list of all NPC's I find and can get proper spelling from there.

refresh this newb, where is it that i turn spawn logging on?

Think it's automatically generated fryfrog, I certainly never switched it "on" and I have one (and it's getting updated everytime I run ShowEQ)

Check your /usr/share/local/showeq/ directory.
    Before asking anything read the pre-face section of http://www.smoothwall.org/download/p....9/doc.faq.pdf

after you've read it, you know what to do next...

"Stay alert! Trust noone! Keep your Lazers Handy! Have a nice day." -- Provided courtesy of the Computer. The Computer never lies.

Need Chardok Spawns?

I have been spending a lot of time in chardok lately and have almost the entire zone figuered out now. If you need I will try and forward that file to you when i get home.

Edited for spelling.....lol

Cambik

If you can send your your spawnlog.txt to BlueAdept he can get it to me for processing.

Okay, this stupid newb just learned something new about SEQ from this thread: check for that file every now and then

That file is about 60mb on my system, good thing the filesystem it's on is basically 5GB dedicated to SEQ . Want me to send that file in?

tar/gzip it. If it is larger than 7megs then, Ill have to give you other instructions on how to get it to me.

If it is under 7 megs, just email it to me at [email protected]

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Bleh.. Gzip brings it down to 11, even bzip2 stops at just below 9. I can think of a few ways to get it to you, but I'll see what your preferred method is

send me an email. Ill tell you how to get it to me.

[email protected]

Famous Quotes:

I have a 74Meg file ....

Is there an easy way to remove players from that list?

Code:
    []# tar -f spawnlogXXX.tar spawnlog.txt
    []# gzip spawnlogXXX.tar
    []# ls -la spanlogXXX.tar.gz
    and see it's less then 7MB now
    Before asking anything read the pre-face section of http://www.smoothwall.org/download/p....9/doc.faq.pdf

after you've read it, you know what to do next...

"Stay alert! Trust noone! Keep your Lazers Handy! Have a nice day." -- Provided courtesy of the Computer. The Computer never lies.

GNU Tar is really nice in that it will compress file for you, no need for the gzip step.

for example tar will use the compress command
    Code:
    tar -cZvf somefile.tar someotherfile.txt
    here tar will use the gzip command
    Code:
    tar -czvf somefile.tar someotherfile.txt
    finally here tar will use the bzip2 command
    Code:
    tar -cjvf somefile.tar someotherfile.txt
    As usual replace the "c" with an "x" to uncompress and extract the files. One other bit of info, you don't need the "-" in front of the options..
    Last edited by S_B_R; 06-14-2002 at 07:56 AM.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

sed -e 's/^-:.*$//g' spawnlog.txt > tmp.txt
    mv tmp.txt spawnlog.txt
    sed -e 's/^.*corpse.*$//g' spawnlog.txt > tmp.txt
    mv tmp.txt spawnlog.txt

Removed corpses and creatures that were removed from the zone. Now it is much smaller.

ok,

What Im looking for is a way to remove player names from the spawnlist. As I raid often I would not like to provide someone a list of many zones with 30+ people of the same guild. This might be a dead giveaway that someone in that guild is using Seq.

Am I wrong here?

Thread Information