Thread: Dual Processors and SEQ

Dual Processors and SEQ

I have the chance to upgrade my system to dual p3 450 processors. I was wondering if SEQ was coded to take advantage of dual processors. I know it is a long shot, but I thought I might ask.

I probably wont have it for another week or so.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Yes. And even you should search .

--Jeeves

Heh..actually I did search for dual processor. It turned up 3 threads but none of them said anything about SEQ being muti-threaded.

I probably should have expanded my search though but was tired.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

LOL!

No one escapes the "Jeeves Smackdown"!

heres a hint, the -mt in qt-mt that showeq links against, stands for -- multi threaded. If you want to find all of the explicit app level threading in showeq,

Code:
    grep QThread /path/to/showeq/src/*
    You also have to take into account the different processes responsible for making showeq happen, showeq itself, X, your window manager, etc. Having a second processor will benefit all of these since you can know have 2 processes running concurrently.
    casey AT trifocus DOT net

and let me tell you, i can FEEL the difference between 2 procs and just one... ANYWHERE. i think arstechnica.com or 2cpu.com refered to it as the "creamy smoothness" of smp.

i run 2-4 sessions of seq and listem to mp3s all at once... system NEVER feels sluggish EVER. now, sometimes seq is kinda sluggish itself but that is isolated in its window as i can flip to other virtual desktops and be going along at normal speed.

just be sure to use "time make" then sometime later try "time make -j3" when you are re-compiling showeq... :)

I just did a search for "search" and it returned 313 threads most of them from Jeeves, man I wish he would stop posting redundant information!
    -- Exo

Originally posted by fryfrog
    and let me tell you, i can FEEL the difference between 2 procs and just one... ANYWHERE. i think arstechnica.com or 2cpu.com refered to it as the "creamy smoothness" of smp.
    I know exactly what you mean I used an SMP box for a long time as my primary system. I really miss that feeling.

Originally posted by Exo
    I just did a search for "search" and it returned 313 threads most of them from Jeeves, man I wish he would stop posting redundant information!
    Man I wish you would post useful or topical information!
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

Thread Information