Thread: EFF Contributions Update

EFF Contributions Update

I think I got everyone tagged that I could identify. If you sent in a donation and aren't tagged, please send me a PM with the email/amount you sent it from and I'll get you tagged ASAP.

So far we've collected over $300 for the EFF!

$300? Wow...nice start. Hope it continues and soon surpasses 3k.

Bo

gratz

Im not sure what percentage of the board users responded, or exactly how long you have been collecting, even if $300 is 'good'. But hey, its a start.

This is defininately a worthy cause.

Is there a way to contribute to this fund without having to use plastic that'll go to the SEQ contribution amount?

Yes. PayPal will go directly from a bank account if you set it up that way, no need to use plastic.

i've heard some BAAAAD things about paypal and putting your real bank info in there. there is absolutly NOOOOOO "fraud" protection that way, like you get with a CC card. i would say that sending a check to ratt is safer.

Developer
    If you don't want to use a CC and you don't want to link up your bank account, you can deposit to paypal with a check.

You can also go to a bank that offers "free checking" and open an account that you can link to services such as paypal and only keep up a minimal balance, that you are not overly concerned about.

While we're listing safe options, some credit card companies (MBNA is one, not an endorsement just the only one I know for sure) provide the ability to generate single use credit card numbers that will allow you to authorize a single transaction for a fixed amount just once, after which, the number is no longer valid. After dealing with online fraud, I would strongly reccomend this route, or manually doing the same thing like bonkers suggested.

I'll look in to those suggestions. Thanks!

Hell, I'd send a money order to Ratt with no problem. Even if he used part or all of it to go get wasted on, I figure the man's deserved it for the work he's put into this project.

How to donate to the cause...

I did a search on donation and couldn't find the information needed to become a contributing member. I remember seeing this information once on the old ui, but I'm a bit lost on the new site redesign.

Anyone have information on this so I can at least "buy a clue"?

Yo!

You didn't miss it by far, just check the Announcement in this forum or click http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/an...p?s=&forumid=4 ....

Thread Information