Thread: So Close!

So Close!

I am so close but I am a noob. I am trying to configure but it doesnt have proper pathing. $QTDIR= " " and needs to be usr/local/qt. I am running 6.2 and cant find the .profile or.login file to make the changes. Can anyone offer some advice?

profile info

in pretty much any unix environment a dot infront of the file name indicates a hidden file. In with case, it won't show up unless you specify to show hidden files when you do an ls.

the command is:
    ls -a

I like everthing in a list so i use:
    ls -la

Where your profile files are depends kinda on what shell your using. If your using bash in linux chances are you will find the root profile files in /root. Some shells put them stray in the /. At any rate you can find out more about a shell or a command using:

man ls

or

man bash

to read the manual for that command.
    Override~!

i ahve all hidden files being shown. I am running bas and in root i have .bash_profile. Is that same? I just added pathing changes to it. We will see if works if not then I will resort. SEQ is in usr/local/qt right now. How is it able to do associations?

WOOT that worked! Thx for reply. Its going through the configure process now.

Thread Information