Thread: Map display problems...

Map display problems...

Ummm I just rebuilt everything several times trying different stuff to try to help people and I finally sat down to do some work on showeq to feed my showeq data mining project . Only now the map display isn't showing any dots for spawns, the velocity lines are there ok on each spawn.... but no spawn dots...

Oh I suppose I may have screwed something up, but all my local mods are in packet.cpp, not in any gui files.

Any ideas anyone, guess I will debug it, but seems quite odd...

It was working a couple days ago

*EDIT the spawn dots appear to be showing as black, i can see them crossing the grid marks... going to go check how qt does color, maybe I need a color definition file that isn't installed or something.

Oh that was creepy.

The problem disappeared. So never mind.

I tracked it down to the brush color being black when drawing spawns, the was checking out the con-color table filling procedure, next compile everything worked.... removed all my debugging code back down to the original version of the code and everything still worked.

That is just freaky. I hate it when computers do that.

Me too

I'm having the same problem. Got the latest from CVS as of 1/1/2002. It happened with something in the CVS update as of yesterday, 12/31/2001. Where should I check for the problem? ATM I set the map background color to something other than black so I can see the squares.

I'm trying a complete rebuild to see if it fixes the prob.

You should always do a complete rebuild after a CVS update, otherwise you will see unpredictable behavior. Just a word of warning.

Enjoy,
    Zaphod (dohpaZ)
    Chief Software Engineer of the Apocalypse.
    http://showeq.doomed.to/
    SourceForge.net user: dohpaz.

Personal thank you donations are now accepted.

Yeah, guess you're right. I'll see if the clean make fixes the problemo.

Curious though, doesn't the makefile do header dependencies?

Also, while I'm posting I had a build problem with experiencelog.cpp. It's probably not a showeq coding problem. I'm using the latest GCC3 which I got via CVS. It might be an experimental version. Anyway, I get a wierd internal compiler error trying to built that file in AddExperienceRecord(). I needed to re-arrange the code a little bit in there to fix it.

Nope, no header dependancies...

Thread Information