Thread: I hesitate to post again... but...

I hesitate to post again... but...

Zaphod,

After your last commit (thanks for the changes) I tried to reconfigure and rebuild from your versions and well... it doesn't seem like --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qtgcc3-2.3.2 is working, it is using the search path (which is finding my system default QTDIR setting and using that). Trying to debug it now, and I don't see anything in your configure related changes that would account for it. I suppose I may have been imagining it working before too (ie I ran it without QTDIR defined in my environment so it found it by normal file search).

But given my last several posts i will probably find it mysteriously working again shortly.

Ok. I am posting a patch to fix --with-qt-dir to work, I must not have had QTDIR set when I built SEQ4 the last time so it picked up the correct Qt by default. Because the way acinclude.m4 was there was no way it was selecting the --with-qt-dir directory as a primary choice.

One minorly interesting question... if --with-qt-dir specifies an invalid directory (ie not there, or not containing a qt tree) should it go ahead and continue the regular search [this is what it does now] or should it only search the directory tree given by --with-qt-dir and not try to second guess the user and report an error instead. I worry about dumb issues.

lol. going to go post the patch the patch now.

Applied it and included it with the New Years CVS commits.

Thanks and Enjoy,
    Zaphod (dophaZ)
    Chief Software Engineer of the Apocalypse.
    http://showeq.doomed.to/
    SourceForge.net user: dohpaz.

Personal thank you donations are now accepted.

Thread Information