Thread: so which 100mb (10/100 hub) setup works?

so which 100mb (10/100 hub) setup works?

Well, Im dead sick of using this 6 year old 3com 8-Port 10Mbps Hub.

I am used to the 100mb network we have going at work, When I bring my PC and Lan... its just so much better.

Anyway, This 10mb hub has served me well, but no longer shall it. I am going to invest some money into a considerably better device.

All of my computers have 10/100 Mb Network cards using Cat-5E cableage. I am wondering, If I were to head over to Future shop or a small computer business; Which types of Hubs/switces etc should I consider?

From what i've read, a 10/100 (Labeled; Switch or Switching) hub wont work? Or will work if all connections are at 100mb rite?

Really, I want a 100mb network that will support showeq from any access point

This issue has been discussed at length over the last few days. Check the first few threads in this forum.

I use a D-Link DSH-5, which is 10/100. It's not being made any more, but you can mail order them from lots of places. I like it because the blinkenlights are on the front and the ports are on the back. The Netgear EP series of 10/100 hubs also work. They are much easier for find at your standard computer/office supply store. They have the ports in the front though, which I personally don't like as much.

Save yourself some hassle and don't buy a Linksys. I'll probably start some huge argument about how it is possible to make them work, but just take my word for it and stay away from them.

take his word for it and stay away from them! (i should know, i have two!). i like the blinky lights in the front too! with the ports in the back! i think we are peas in a pod... are you a cute girl? a/s/l pic? :)

I'm using the 10/100 Netgear DS series (DS104 and DS108 both work). I agree with Dedpoet, linksys devices are difficult, so try to avoid them.

--Jeeves
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

I have a Linksys EFAH08W (8 port 10/100) that worked fantastic until lightning fried it.

However, due to all the reported problems on this board, I must concur and recommend you steer clear of Linksys.

Monster

i think we are peas in a pod... are you a cute girl? a/s/l pic?
    92/m/Siberia

I don't have a pic, but courtesy of Ratt, here is a pic of my car:

Call me

Thread Information