Thread: Decode when started after starting EQ?

Decode when started after starting EQ?

Is there any way to get ShowEQ to decode, if you start it up after you've started up EQ, without zoning? Frustrating to tell yer group "Uh, I gotta zone, something, is, uh, being funny" when ShowEQ segfaults.

What exactly does it need to start finding keys? Is there any way we could help it along, if zoning isnt an option? Would be interesting if I could program in a way to feed it information to help it along.

Hi,

as i know the information of all MOBs in the zone is only send when you log in or zone. If seq is started while u are in the zone there is no way to get the information. seq can only decode new spawns - The only possibility IMHO would be something like a cache, but i am not a programmer an so i donīt know wether is possible. There would be the problem how log shall the contens of the cache be vaild.

Regards

- Lord Crush

What I would do if I were you is do a /q out. Obviously not in a dangerous area or when the group is moving. It should allow you to get SEQ up and running again. Then blame it on an LD.

Talking

and now we know the cause of 50% LDs

Regards

- Lord Crush

Hmm, makes sense that spawn information is only given when you zone, that'd be why only new spawns seem to decode correctly. I wonder if it'd be possible to save ShowEQs state, so you could reload it in case of a segfault. But I'm on vacation, I cant go looking at source code! Well, maybe...

/q

That used to work well when you could logf back in before timing out. I can not count the number of times I said BRB... /q(or /exit)...log back in and my group was like WOW we almost lost you.

/em snickers

Thread Information