Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Map Conversion

simple issues really.. just took me a little bit to track them down since i am no perl coder....

1) the key for colors was getting messed up because the index of the color values are all off by one... when you register the colors in the hashmap red should be lines[7] instead of 6, green should be 8 instead of 7, and blue should be 9 instead of 8..

2) when getting the max/min x and max/min y values when you have a "P" label line... the check for greater than or less than is done against lines[1] or lines[2], but the value being stored is lines[4] or lines[5]...

like i said easy enough to fix...
    -Cattj

fixed.

does anyone know what package mapfiend was using for the way he served out his maps? I'd like to do something similar to that and was just wondering if anyone remembered?

Basically you could select the maps you wanted by adding them to a shopping cart. When you were done browsing and ready to dload it would zip them up and send em to ya..

I only have the map scripts from mapfiend. None of the other stuff. As I've said before, the mapfiend scripts are not pleasant to look at.

Fatal, I'm thinking that you could find something like that by looking for 'download manager' or something similar. There may even be Sourforge projects, or an add-on from the chaps that make your bbs software.

It appears that the converter isn't 100% yet.

Look at Plane of Disease, Marus Seru, and Scarlet Desert. I know that the ShowEQ maps were much more complete than these are showing after conversion.

You should consider trying http://kyle.13th-floor.org/eq/maps/maptoeq.pl to convert your maps.

Where LoY?

Where did Gunthak and the other LoY maps com from (the seq versions) that you used to convert to the SOE versions?

Originally posted by ksmith
    You should consider trying http://kyle.13th-floor.org/eq/maps/maptoeq.pl to convert your maps.
    Might be worth mentioning that you need the RGB.txt file too.

If I can figure out the formats for the SEQ .maps and the SoE .txt maps, I'll write a perl script to convert them.

It doesn't look like there are any SEQ maps for LoY available yet.

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthrea...&threadid=2973

Try that thread for info on the format of the maps and programs to convert both ways.

Also, 3 theads down is a thread titled "Converting SOE maps to SEQ maps "

Thanks, I'll try running the awk script that was posted first and see what I get. I'll post the maps somewhere if they turn out ok.

Sigh...

Or, as posted in the referenced threads, you can just download them from here http://maps.eq-toolbox.com

--Jeeves
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Those are the SoE maps. I need the SEQ maps. You don't seem to be following the logic here....
    Last edited by Leetlewon; 03-21-2003 at 05:45 PM.

Thread Information