Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone working and what you need to do to get you going

anyone working and what you need to do to get you going

please start a thread on what needs to be done to get up and running corectly. this will stop multi threads

I got mine working by bringing up the console and cd'ing into showeq's directory and typing init 0

HI, I'm Toatsy the bard and I like to train PoN 3 times a day. Please don't ban me for using SEQ

I tried that and it worked, wow thanks. This thread really did make a difference.

(Oh geez, wasted bandwidth, i'm sorry)

ShowEQ is broken and my guess is that it will remain broken for another couple of weeks until one of the devs decides that enough time has passed by and that he will support the application and actually take some time and patch the code.

I know, I know... it's free and you get what you pay for... and that's why developers can just take their sweet ass time in getting anything done. Remember that these are the same mental midgets that decided to purposely break ShowEQ when Shadows of Luclin came out because of some dumb shit about not wanting to ruin the expansion or some dumb shit like that and that's why people just took the SEQ code and just forked it to something that worked.

Bottom line is that unless you do some code changes, there is nothing you can do to get this "working right", UncleBen's useless post nonwithstanding. Check CVS once a day, check these dead-ass forums once a day, and you'll know if something is fixed. Other than that, just play the game the way that Sony wants you to play and be happy.
    Tantoris Thule

Tantoris, your first post in 2 years and all you could do is indirectly bash me (no I don't care) and the dev's?

*sigh* you should go back into troll mode asap or that patch will never come out

HI, I'm Toatsy the bard and I like to train PoN 3 times a day. Please don't ban me for using SEQ

Awww.. wook at the wittle baby get all pissy wissy because nobody fixed his showeq for him.. poor baby...

Fix it yourself, or stop bitching.. If the devs decided to leave this project, and never work on it again, that would be their prerogative... They do what they want to do, when they want to do it, and we all benefit from their work... you have absolutely 0 room to complain about it...

--Jeeves
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Yes, it is their prerogative to start a project and never support it. And it is also anyone's prerogative to fix it, fork the code, and not share with anyone.

The point is not whether or not *I* should fix it. I am not part of the dev team. The point is that developers should stop hiding behind the fact that the software is free in order to excuse long lags in supporting the software that they want to support. Don't create expectations and you won't have problems.
    Tantoris Thule

Don't create expectations and you won't have problems.
    So, its their problem that you expect them to fix it for you? They didnt create any expectations.. none of them ever posted whether it would be fixed, or when...

Unfortunately, its users like you that keep alot of people from developing open source software.. The developers have lives of their own, they have no responsibility towards the product at all, there are 0 expectations... They hate dealing with whiny users like you that do nothing, and complain because they arent spending all their free time working for your enjoyment.. I know that a bad experience with people like you in a few projects is why I no longer do any free development.. its just not worth the headaches it produces.. I have nothing but the utmost respect for anyone who develops free software, I just no longer find it worthwhile to spend hours of my freetime producing a product for whiney children like yourself.. i wouldnt hold any disrespect for any other developer of this project, or others, that did the same.

--Jeeves
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Good God! Give the devs some thime to fix SEQ! It not like they wave a magic wand and it will start working again. If you've ever coded anything complex in your life you'd know this. If Sony changed the structures, opcodes, data, etc. again, then it really will take days to weeks to get it coded and tested again. I've heard rumors of them changing the movement rate code, and who knows what else. Like Jeeves said, you want it fixed so fast, YOU figure it out -- the code is right in front of you. Yelling about it is only going to piss off the devs, and risk NEVER getting it fixed.

The best chance for you to influence them to fix it FASTER would be to click the PAYPAL link and send $10-20! I know I am when all the LoY problems are fixed -- my *little* contribution for their hard work.

Sauron

As explained here, the donation link is to donate to the Electronic Frontier Foundation on behalf of the ShowEQ project. The EFF is "a donor-supported membership organization working to protect our fundamental rights regardless of technology; to educate the press, policymakers and the general public about civil liberties issues related to technology; and to act as a defender of those liberties." They do great work, and it is a very worthy cause.

However, the donation isn't going to get ShowEQ "fixed" any faster. It doesn't go into the dev's pockets. It doesn't entitle anyone to a working ShowEQ.

Donate to the EFF if you want to support a very worthy cause. Donate if you want to give a show of support to ShowEQ, or to the EFF. Donate if all you want is a cute liitle penguin logo on your posts. But don't donate expecting it's going to affect the ShowEQ development progress.

If you want ShowEQ working faster, suss out the necessary opcode assignments and other changes, and post your patches. That's how the devs do it, it's the only way it gets done.

Oh Lord.. here we go with the "it's users liek j000" bullshit..

Save it..

I could send these lazy fucks $20 a fucking month and it wouldn't get anything done.

Anyway, I'm actually getting some progress on getting the opcodes straight. I figured out why SEQ is loading some maps and not loading others and now I have it loading all maps when I zone.

Now we'll see if I can get the zone information decoded and go from there.

Yes, the devs need time, but it's not like this wasn't up on Test for them to look at previously and to be frankly honest, the changes to the opcodes were not so drastic that it requires a team of people a week to figure it out.

Anyway, have fun.
    Tantoris Thule

I could send these lazy fucks $20 a fucking month and it wouldn't get anything done.
    Please link us to all the open source projects that you have worked on, are used by thousands of people in an environment that changes every few months, and support actively... until then, you have no right to call anyone a lazy fuck... There are quite a few people out there, myself included, that already have ShowEQ up and running... they dont share their changes for a variety of reasons (in my case, my version isnt even in C++ anymore, and I dont really see the point in spending more time translating back to C++ so that ungrateful whiney bitches like you can use it..).

Unfortunately, your entitlement complex will always leave you getting the worst possible service, and the least responsive developers... Perhaps when you grow up, you'll learn that.

--Jeeves

Originally posted by high_jeeves
    There are quite a few people out there, myself included, that already have ShowEQ up and running... ...my version isnt even in C++ anymore, and I dont really see the point in spending more time translating back to C++
    Aw you're taunting him hehe. It's too bad you aren't interested in working to fix the cvs version also but you have that right.

Originally posted by high_jeeves

in my case, my version isnt even in C++ anymore
    Ooh. What did you port it to?

Thule....

With your attitude, I wouldn't want any patch that you came up with. Period.

Thread Information