Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Working SEQ alternative

Feature Request

Would it be easy to make it where players show up as hot pink (Hey I liked it hot pink) so we can differentiate them from mobs? that would rock too.

Ok in my client i have the client of my eq box? what should it be?
    Beer

question

great work cavemanbob

one question tho

on the comp that runs "myseq" it keeps locking up after 5-10mins ... it run perfect till then ... any ideas why?

its a:

amd 1gig
    512 ram
    64meg gfx2
    30gig hd
    winME

on the comp that runs the "myseqserver" its a:

amd 2.2gig
    512 ram
    128meg gfx4 TI
    80gig hd
    winXP (home)

the only thing i can think of that might be the problem is winME

maybe someone else might know why it keeps frezzing up after 5-10mins of use

Cleric78

cavemanbob in order to get Tsearch to see eqgame try this.

Use run or open a command prompt and type:

at <time+1min> /interactive "C:\Program Files\Tsearch\Tsearch.exe"

were <time+1min> is the time on your computer + 1 min example below

Say its 20:30 type the following
    at 20:31 /interactive "C:\Program Files\Tsearch\Tsearch.exe"

and TSearch wil load with access to all thats running on your system including eqgame.exe

Hope this helps and ofcourse it works for other memory editing programs also.

On another note thankyou for adding my 2 ideas 1 about the level and the other about the range circle will help me alot.

Keep you the good work I am now looking in to getting .net books to learn this stuff

It could very well be the windows ME, I suspect there's a problem with running this on the windows 98, but I'm having trouble finding it.

domestic beer, the client should have the IP address of the EQ machine or 127.0.0.1 if it's running on the same machine as the server.

Ok here is my setup

PC1 (EQ play box running the server) XPpro framework 1.1
    Hub
    PC2(Running the client with the ip in the server file set to the pc1) xppro framework 1.1

On the server that is running in the command prompt it reads

Running at 250ms updates
    Waiting for new connection

On the box with the client i hit the Go buttion and get that error on the client.

Is there a port that i need to specify some where>
    Last edited by domesticbeer; 04-13-2003 at 01:48 PM.
    Beer

allrighty guess i gotta upgrade this comp to XP too and try again

Domestic, did you enter the ip of the box running the server under the options menu on the client?

As mentioned before, if you do have the correct Ip entered in the client options menu, try using telnet to connect to the server IP and the proper port. If you get garbage you have the right info. If you get nothing something on your network is gumped.

Hi there.
    Just got home downloaded the new myseq and tryed the new features and from what i can gather the range circle works well but the override level has no effect
    I am still listed at my own level (65) in the list to the left and the mobs that are the level I wish to see con white (62) are still showing up as DarkBlue on the map when i set override level to 62.

Hope this is easy to fix if not thanks for trying anyways

Long live MySEQ

It's already fixed along with a few other bugs that got through, I'll post a new version sometime today. I'm also putting in the option to draw players without the con colors.

NM

figure out that the second line in the server file is the port number that it should listen on.

Changed it and it works now thanks
    Last edited by domesticbeer; 04-13-2003 at 02:33 PM.
    Beer

IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE =)

Try this first, to save caveman from ansering the same questions over and over.

First, it's a pita, but make sure you browse this thread and have the most up to date versions of the software.

Make sure that in your options, you have the correct IP address.

Make sure you can PING the machine that is running EQ/Server.

If you aren't sure, make sure you can TELNET to the machine running EQ/Server.
    (Go to a dos prompt in XP/2K and type telnet, then open, type in the iport)

If you can't ping and telnet to the machine EQ is running on, from the machine you're running the client on. Don't post in this thread. Well, Ok, I guess I can't stop you, but try not to have caveman answer too many questions regarding YOUR network setup =)

In XP, in the propterties for your local area connection, make sure you don't have the software firewall option enabled (you obviously don't have to turn it all off, but if you're not sure it's easier than explaining it all).

I hope this helps both some people having problems, and filters out a few messages for those trying to find legitimate software bugs =)

*quack*

No the PITA is that fact that this thread is so damn long and that there is no readme or faq. I read the thread and no where did I see anything on needing to put a port in the server file. Once I specified that after looking in the server code it worked. You all remember the key sniffers that had a pretty good readme. Perhaps I should write one.
    Beer

Originally posted by domesticbeer
    No the PITA is that fact that this thread is so damn long and that there is no readme or faq. I read the thread and no where did I see anything on needing to put a port in the server file. Once I specified that after looking in the server code it worked. You all remember the key sniffers that had a pretty good readme. Perhaps I should write one.
    Perhaps if you don't like it, you should write your own? I'm sorry, but this is about as point and click easy - I never edited an ini file for the server or client - it just works by reading the very first few posts and keeping up with the latest version.

CGEQ

Please do write a readme or faq if you want, I've got lots to do as it is and not a lot of time for the next couple of days so I don't know when I'll get to that.

Thread Information