Thread: Translating by clicking (Hand mode)

Translating by clicking (Hand mode)

Yippee!

I get to make the first dev post!!@!

OK..

I'm actually learning C#.. so this may take a while, but I'm currently workin on the 'hand' shifter. Got the right place I think, and got the right events coded... just trying to figure out error messages n'such.. its a learning experience

R

That's a good idea, it should be easily doable with the mousemove event modifying the offsetx and offsety.

Yea... Use the MouseDown and MousUp to change the cursor type, and then MouseMove.. relative to the MouseDown location to determine the new origin.

If i was doing it in VB or in C it would be already working :P Too bad im doing it in C#. I coded the mouse up/down events.. but it was telling me that something or the other wasn't defined correctly...

Anyway.. More later

R

It could be even simpler than that, MouseMove gets the Button states as well as the movements.

Could we get a button to centre the map in your char please?
    I believe in gun control. I use both hands

Actually not CB...

You need to record the mouse down event so you have the starting point for the drag, and set a relocation semaphore. Otherwise you have to do some kinda kinky polling of the mouse state. The amount for the map origin translation is the x and y delta from the initial mouse down point. You have a pair of local variables that record the mouse down point, and then continually recompute a new origin transformation for each mouse move event when the semaphore is true. When the Mouse Up event occurs, you then simply reset the semaphore to false

R

CMB,

I've completed the clickie-Hand transformation feature. (Well.. it does a couple bizzare things that I think are related to your code.. but it mostly works great )

What's the best way to get it to you? I have a little cursor file, and an annotated version of MapCon.cs

R

Zip it and attach it to a reply if you can.

Ok.. here goes

The zip file is attached. I prefixed any changes to the code with a '\\~~' comment line to make it obvious where changes were made.

The code basically works, except occasionally when you're dragging the map, it tends to warp out .. i *think* its the automatic recentering you do.. but im not sure. Anyway.. here it is

R
    Attached Files Attached Files

OK, I'll add it in.

OK... let's see.. what's next...

How about... a slight modification to the spawn sprite for player characters? You know... it's been so long since I used SEQ I have completely forgot how SEQ draws players... :P How should we draw player sprites differently from NPC sprites?

R

P.S. Have you recorded anywhere the meanins of the SPAWNINFO 'type' field?
    Last edited by Resiliant; 04-17-2003 at 03:14 PM.

type is simple:

0 = PLAYER
    1 = NPC
    2 = CORPSE

3 used to be NPC_CORPSE, but it seems that all PC and NPC corpses are now 2.

--Jeeves
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

The code to tell the difference between those has been in there for a while. What shape would you like for players or npcs, it's like a 1 line change.

Been a while, but I think in SEQ, the players dots were surrounded by a pink square (or perhaps overlayed onto a pink square).

Corpses were hollow yellow squares (most likely just like the pink ones).

Something along those lines works for me =)

K, it's been ages since I last ran showeq so I couldn't remember the icons either.

Thread Information