Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LibEQ.a

Question LibEQ.a

Hi all
    Please help a Linux n00b. i have DLed the new libEQ.a.f45cb14c and i want to compile SEQ with that and it says its ot compiled or an out of date version. what do i do wrong and how do i fix it? do i have to Compile the LibEQ.a my self with the file? if so how do i do it?
    Please help since i cant wait to get this little utility to work i have been waiting since they started to change the network code and have never gotten it to work since only GPS worked :-(
    Please help me im sitting no nails since im soo close i can feel it rushing through my vails.. OK enough bull just help me ok :-()
    CU

TAKE THE .f45cb14c off the file name.

More info on the matter!

When i Try to ./configure it comes with this Problem

(Snip from Screen when ./configure)
    checking whether to build with decryption... yes
    checking for libEQ.a in /var/cvs/showeq ... yes
    configure: WARNING: "/var/cvs/showeq/libEQ.a" has md5sum f45cb14c6e0a4c55c3b60bc0959945d6 which doesn't match reference md5sum
    checking for InitializeLibEQ in "/var/cvs/showeq/libEQ.a" ... no
    checking for libEQ.a in /var/cvs/showeq/. ... yes
    configure: WARNING: "/var/cvs/showeq/./libEQ.a" has md5sum f45cb14c6e0a4c55c3b60bc0959945d6 which doesn't match reference md5sum
    checking for InitializeLibEQ in "/var/cvs/showeq/./libEQ.a" ... no
    checking for libEQ.a in /var/cvs/showeq/./src ... no
    checking for libEQ.a in /usr/lib ... no
    checking for libEQ.a in /usr/local/lib ... no
    checking for libEQ.a in /opt/lib ... no
    checking for libEQ.a in /lib ... no
    configure: error: libEQ.a not found, out of date, or not compiled using a compatible compiler. Be sure libEQ.a is already installed in one of the listed directories (/var/cvs/showeq /var/cvs/showeq/. /var/cvs/showeq/./src /usr/lib /usr/local/lib /opt/lib /lib), is a current version, and you are compiling with g++ 3.x.

I hope this helps to find my Problem.
    CU

Originally posted by Nurseling
    TAKE THE .f45cb14c off the file name.
    As you can see from above i have done that!
    CU

i'm not sure where above you have proved you have taken the extra chars off the end of the libEQ.a file. be sure there is ONLY one libEQ.a and that its in /usr/lib. also, did you update the source for showeq as well as the libEQ.a file?

answer to fryfrog
    I have DLed the new libEQ.a from this site under the new ShowEQ status. and yeah i have renamed the libEQ.a.f45cb14c to libEQ.a since as showen above finds the file it just dont accept it since it claimes to be tainted incorect or something like that.
    I hope it helps else write again...
    CU

You need to update your SEQ source, not just libEQ.a...
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

configure: error: libEQ.a not found
    , out of date, or not compiled using a compatible compiler. Be sure libEQ.a is already installed in one of the listed directories (/var/cvs/showeq /var/cvs/showeq/. /var/cvs/showeq/./src /usr/lib /usr/local/lib /opt/lib /lib), is a current version, and you are compiling with g++ 3.x.
    Where does it say it found it?

I'm not seeing that part.
    The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.

I think he was refering to:
    checking whether to build with decryption... yes
    checking for libEQ.a in /var/cvs/showeq ... yes
    configure: WARNING: "/var/cvs/showeq/libEQ.a" has md5sum f45cb14c6e0a4c55c3b60bc0959945d6 which doesn't match reference md5sum
    checking for InitializeLibEQ in "/var/cvs/showeq/libEQ.a" ... no
    checking for libEQ.a in /var/cvs/showeq/. ... yes
    configure: WARNING: "/var/cvs/showeq/./libEQ.a" has md5sum f45cb14c6e0a4c55c3b60bc0959945d6 which doesn't match reference md5sum

configure: error: libEQ.a not found, out of date, or not compiled using a compatible compiler. Be sure libEQ.a is already installed in one of the listed directories (/var/cvs/showeq /var/cvs/showeq/. /var/cvs/showeq/./src /usr/lib /usr/local/lib /opt/lib /lib), is a current version, and you are compiling with g++ 3.x
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

I had this issue

I had this issue ...

Run md5sum on the libEQ you download and check it against the F45C... you see on the left of this webpage.

If you download it via netscape, it works oddly. My first download I used the shift key to do it.. it seemed to work, but I got your error (I think this grabbed html plus junk).

Instead, I let it download and "appear" in the netscape window as a bunch of junk characters, then did a save-as. After that my md5 was correct and the compile ran fine.

Hope this helps.

Doogle

Make sure to start fresh from 'make -f Makefile.dist', etc. The configure script was updated to handle the new libEQ, and it wont work if you don't.

I had almost the exact same error when I used the CVS, it said it found libEQ.a (in /usr/lib), but still bombed out. I used the tarball the second time and compiled perfectly.

I just have a problem now with new spawn always showing up as unknown and no ground spawn. I checked all the menus, but can't seen to find if it's a setting, a problem with this release, or just my unique problem. NO WAY am I complaining!! I did that late late last night so I'll fool around with it again today and see what's up. Thank you Mvern!

EDIT: After fooling around a bit, seems that either my character is bugged or something weird is happening. On the same accound, I can load up a character(tried a level 1, 14, and 56) and everything is good, ground spawn show up, new mobs show up. When I log on the character I use most(level 65), no ground spawn and no new mobs. I even went as far as making sure no special UI was used. I can live with it though.
    Last edited by trustno1; 04-18-2003 at 02:31 PM.

I did this.. downloaded the file libEQ.a.f45cb14c

mv libEQ.a.f45cb14c libEQ.a
    cd /usr/lib
    mv libEQ.a libEQ.a.18apr

cp /home/{user}/libEQ.a /usr/lib
    *note where /home/{user}/ is where you downloaded the file to.
    then get in the showeq dir..
    make clean

cvs update -P

make -f Makefile.dist && ./cofigure && make && make install

waited while it compiled.. then in X started showeq...
    it worked.

After reading the post.. you need to remove your libEQ.a that you had prior to this fix..
    cd up till your at / level..
    locate libEQ.a
    rename what you find and then copy the f45 one over to /usr/lib
    We forget that we already had a libEQ.a.
    If you do the copy before removing the old one.. it will not overwrite the old one.
    Last edited by seqmage; 04-18-2003 at 11:47 AM.

Quick question, is QT-3.x now required (I know it's reccomended at the very least) or will it still run on 2.3.2? - thanks - z

**Edit** Ok I found what appears to be the answer to my question one post down (seems we do need qt-3)

here
    - sorry for the unnessesary post.
    Last edited by z26o; 04-18-2003 at 11:56 AM.

Had the same issue.....Ended up that stupid Netscape downloaded an HTML file from one of the mirrors, and not the actual binary....stupid netscape...

Went back, used a different mirror, and got the actual binary...works like a champ...

Most humble thanks to all involved in getting it up and running again....Good things come to those who wait...

>HM<

Thread Information