View Poll Results: did Scott Peterson do it?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • no way! just look at that face!

4 28.57%
  • yes, but she probably deserved it

10 71.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scott Peterson - guilty of double murder?

Scott Peterson - guilty of double murder?

we were talking about this in 10th grade study on monday, 4th period. one of the study hall watcher ladies was reading the paper and it had the story in it

but i dont think he did it, i mean why would he? there was no motive @ all, and even if there wuz, woudlnt he have run away from the country after it happened? i mean, common.. the poor guy stuck around to try and help the police. why would a murderer do that?

Re: Scott Peterson - guilty of double murder?

Originally posted by board Lizard
    we were talking about this in 10th grade ........

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

suddenly, it all makes sense.
    what happened to
    Actually I’m a junior because I’ve been attending a university for 3 years now (at the end of this semester.)
    cant keep your multiple newbie troll personalities in order?

and if you really want to be a troll, you might want to look past the obvious. war, religion, current events.... too easy.

10th grade

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    casey AT trifocus DOT net

sometimes i lie about being older to try and fit in and make myself feel better about being so young

have you no heart?

Well, regardless of your age or whatnot, he DID have a motive. He had a Girlfriend on the side and had just a month earlier, taken out a HUGE insurance Policy on his wife. He didn't leave the country because he couldn't claim the insurance unless there was a body or 7 years pass. Also, just 1 week after she went missing, he sold her car. Strange behaviour for a Grieving Husband, No?

Lastly, when they arrested him, he had 10K in CASH on him.. Think he wasn't gonna run?
    Last edited by Elyon; 04-21-2003 at 11:23 PM.

Single murder, yes.
    Double murder, no.
    You can't count the killing of the fetus since by law it was not a person yet.
    Or at least I think I heard someone arguing the case that way.
    I could be wrong.
    Feel free to flame.
    -----------
    Zeppo

Hmmmm, I don't know the laws of that State, but at 8 months, it was almost full term, so in that aspect of it, I would say yes.

Who, Why?

Ok, I have been out of the loop on this one, so i have a couple questions. First, who are these people? I know the story and what happened; I just want to know why this is such a big deal and is national news...

Sounds to me like your everyday murder/kidnapping/missing persons and whatnot. Yeah, I may come of as a jerk but who cares?

sometimes i lie about being older to try and fit in and make myself feel better about being so young

have you no heart?
    Sure, it just stops beating in the presence of liars!

I just want to know why this is such a big deal and is national news...
    I think one aspect that makes this a news story is the close-to-full-term fetus that was killed along with the mother. Murdered pregnant women tend to hit the headlines.

Otherwise, there's plenty of drama and mystery with the girlfriend on the side, the insurance policy, the dyed hair and cash, bodies washed up on the shore, which all generally makes for a good news story.

Ok, just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing anything. Just one of those wierd coincidences in which the powers that be decided that this one story should get 100x the coverage of any other double murder; honestly this sort of thing happens alot. It's only convenient that it happened in California . I figured the guy was famous and we were in for the next OJ.

I don't know the law in CA, but in Florida, if an unborn fetus is killed, it's considered manslaughter( I think it's a second degree felony, min 5 year sentence). I don't know if the fact that the mother was killed would change that. That law is basically to cover, say, beating your wife and the unborn child dies, whether or not your intent was to kill the child.

One thing I do know, any jury would fry his sorry ass for that, providing he is found guilty, of course.

i read about this case on news.google.com, the odd thing is that a mere few weeks earlier the EXACT same thing happened else where. a LEGAL immegrant (my spelling sucks) went missing. she was pregnent about 8 months along. the father was a married man (he was NOT married to the pregnant woman). he reported her missing though, and i don't think he was a suspect at all. i believe it was just a random murder, but the same type of thing happened. missing for a while, body turned up and i believe the almost-born baby else where.

the comparison was the earlier incident recieved barely a mention in the LOCAL news, let alone national news. the woman you guys are talking about was from the same city as the girl who went missing that was also having an affair with that senator guy.

seems kind of ... i really can't even think of the word but it would imply that the news media (and audiance i assume) just latch on to what ever they want ... lothsome?

anyway, its not for me to decide if he is guilty or not as we cannot possibly have all the facts. just because you think he didn't have a motive and the fact that he didn't flee the country doesn't mean he is innocent... and conversly... just because he took out life insurance on his wife (and i believe it was 1 year earlier, not 1 month), sold her car and/or had $10k on him when he was arrested doesn't mean he is guilty.

What kind of a stupid poll gives you a choice of "Yes, but she probably deserved it"?

I mean what the hell are you saying when you only give people a choice of saying he is innocent or he is guilty but she deserved it? Damn this kind of thing pisses me off. Who the hell DESERVES to be killed along with their unborn child? Pull your 15 year old head out of your ass and grow up. NO ONE deserves to be killed, especially when an innocent soon-to-be-born child is snuffed out also.

I hope the ass that did this is castrated and then stoned to death slowly and painfully. And I hope some day you grow up to realize that no woman deserves to be beaten or die violently at the hands of another person as this woman did. Your poll disgusts me.

Your poll disgusts me
    I couldn't agree with you more Hobo.

I don't know the law in CA
    From an article on CNN...

under California law, the killing of a pregnant woman that kills her unborn child can be considered a double homicide, making the case eligible for the death penalty.

You're a sick idiot for even thinking of those options... Might be prudent that you warn any current and all future girlfriends about your abnormal grasp on reality...

Try him on double... regardless of law.. sort of like taking a 17yr old minor and trying him as an adult.. Same thing.. Try him for 2 murders, especially knowing that the baby was healthy, mom was healthy...

Then try him for being a sh!tty father... I'll go with the fact that maybe he hated the mother... /whatever ... BUT the kid.. come on guys... be a BIG FUGGING MAN about it and own up to your responsibilities... You stuck it in.... sperm happens... now deal with it...

At the least if found remotely guilty.. chop his nuts off.. obviously he cant be a real father...

Thread Information