Thread: Since there is a patch on Wed.

Since there is a patch on Wed.

SEQ is busted on Test as of 4-22-03.

Just a head up and sorry for the bad news.

J

Does busted mean in this case ... completely out of order or is some functionally left ?
    Last edited by LordCrush; 04-23-2003 at 12:09 AM.
    -- Lord Crush

Greater Faydark has to be cleaned from all Elves !

This is a HOTKEY !!!

I wouldn't doubt that they have several "tricks" lined up ready to deploy as soon as the developers here get SEQ working. Seems very odd that this patch wasn't announced until just a day before it was to happen. Any bets on that it had to do with the fact that SEQ was fixed a couple of days ago and they felt the need to rush the first of the tricks into production?

Actually, rumor has it that patch is related to two things:

* People abusing the fact that they can get aggro in zones like nexus/knowledge/tranquility.

* People abusing MQs of planer key quests (mobs HAVE been removed from servers recently).

...You guys are awfully paranoid.....

(I would also point out that SEQ is probably busted on test because new opcodes are needed more than some new wild encryption scheme....though it IS a possibility.)

i doubt too that this is cause of SEQ working again... MySEQ seems to work fine and will not long be broken with this ...

Since Dez 02 they seem to schedule patches not longer than 1 or 2 days in front ... its a pain to organize a raid in that short time for a rare mob

Perhaps the new hate comes to life today
    -- Lord Crush

This is a HOTKEY !!!

This is fully busted, ZERO functionality.

Not sure if new hate is coming today, doesnt look like it from teh patch message. They did patch Veksar to us last night tho and it was open and avail. Only one tiny problem, people zoning into LOIO were having a problem with zoning and coming in without their gear.

I didnt feel like waiting for a roll back so i stayed away fom it.
    Last edited by Jel321; 04-23-2003 at 09:13 AM.

/em gives Sony the finger.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Oh well, chalk one up for us paranoids.

Different program, but MQ devs have indicated that encryption hasn't really changed (yes, it's different than what we do with SEQ; however, it's STILL good news!), but some of the vital structures have changed again.

Probably doesn't mean much as SEQ is very different from MQ; however, it's good news that they didn't change anything in specific to break MQ (which I think is probably considered more of a problem by EQ devs than SEQ).

heh

had ot recreate my account. This alias account I am using will be my permanent one. If you do not know who I was before then no need to know. But for the last how many years, they patch, we break then we fix. Its gonna happen as always and as always we will.. repeat after me..
    We will not bitch, we will not complain, we will be patient.
    This is open source and people on this project have families and jobs. So please don't get people riled up and especially don't abuse the devs for a fix. Keep checking and post useful information and as usual, in time, we will be ok.

Originally posted by Amadeus
    Different program, but MQ devs have indicated that encryption hasn't really changed (yes, it's different than what we do with SEQ; however, it's STILL good news!), but some of the vital structures have changed again.

Probably doesn't mean much as SEQ is very different from MQ; however, it's good news that they didn't change anything in specific to break MQ (which I think is probably considered more of a problem by EQ devs than SEQ).
    Can you please post the link to the msg i cannot find it on the MQ Forum ... Perhaps blind or something

-- Thanx
    -- Lord Crush

This is a HOTKEY !!!

Kizzy

Your lead in reminds me of the old 'What's My LIne" show. )))

This is a new discovery that will make your life easier.

Curious

Just curious, has anyone mentioned what was broken on this last patch?

I'm as patient as they come and am not looking for a status update, I know it'll be fixed when its fixed.

Opcodes, structs, and flags according to a post i read in here somewhere.

Does not appear to be an encryption change.

I do not see any encryption issues. Just movement of code. (doesnt mean I know WHAT I am looking at) just saying stuff has moved around and added. It doesnt look at all like it used to when encryption was in place.

Yes. I logged opcodes in the past.
    Yes. I compare (before and after).

What I see are opcodes that appear different, some have same length, others different. But nothing that looks like the encryption that was in there before.

Question: Is there a specific procedure to capture the opcodes and try to find the structs. I have time to help if I can, with at least debugging. Can anyone tell me?

Thread Information