Thread: Everquest on Windows 2000 Server?

Wizzard005

Everquest on Windows 2000 Server?

Anyone know if myseq and EQ will run on Windows 2k Server?

It runs fine on my Windows Server 2003 Enterprise. Of course, I had to enable Direct3d acceleration, as it is disabled by default. Good Luck.

Wizzard005
    blah I have to get 2003 soon Thanks!

Sligthly off topic, but is there a trick to get .NET installed on Win2k? I have installed it with no problem at all on 4 different XP machines with no issues at all. Last night I tried to install it on a 2k machine at work from Windows Update and it would just hang forever with 0% left in the install. I tried multiple times, I tried pulling the file straight from the download site instead of Windows Update, and had the same problem. Curious, I tried it on 2 other Win2k machines with the exact same result. All 3 machines are completely up to date with all critical patches from MS.

Is there some combination of updates that does or does not work with this? 2 of the boxes are identical hardware, but the other is completely different. There are not separate downloads for 2k and XP, so I have no idea what was going on. This isn't a big deal really, I just wanted to check something from work and wanted to load it up real quick. The moment is gone, it's just curiosity now.

It runs fine on my Win2k Advanced Server.

I didn't have any problems installing .NET on either of them.

I would suggest NOT trying to get the .NET framework from WindowsUpdate and instead get it from...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...vframework.asp

WindowsUpdate = NOT reliable

Yeah, I tried from there. That link points you to the same link as download.microsoft.com gives you. Same result. The only requirement I see is IE 6 SP1, which I have. I would have dismissed it if it didn't happen on 3 different machines. Something is causing the install to hang, but with no error message, I'm clueless.

Wizzard005
    hehe its Microsoft at its best hehe

Thread Information