Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PHP EQ Server Status Script

PHP EQ Server Status Script

I'm attaching a PHP version of the Server Status script. I've never seen one out there. This one I am attaching is NOT what is used here on PSEQ... but since there was no PHP version, I decided to write one just to see if it works

I believe you need PHP version 4.3.0 or greater.

I'll answer what questions I can. Do not remove the copyright information, however, if you use this script on your website.

Get it here: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/s...s.php?download
    Last edited by Ratt; 05-21-2003 at 10:17 PM.
    The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.

thanks ratt been trying to write one myself got it almost done but a few bugs are in it maybe this one will help me fix mine

Forgot to mention... as I said in the other thread:

Rallos Zek is NOT reported correctly from status.everquest.com ... there is NOTHING to be done about it until SOE fixes it.

The same goes for the missing servers. They are missing from the status, not from any scripts... this script will automatically add new servers as they are added to status.everquest.com ... however, SOE seems to have forgotten about the server and has not updated it in forever.
    The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.

Thanks, Ratt. I have been looking for one of these myself. I've seen some out there, but none of them did exactly what I want and my PHP skills are currently in development :-)

Those of you who are looking at this and don't want the MySQL output, make sure you comment out the following 2 lines or you'll get an error while running the script:

Code:
    // mysql_connect($dbinfo[host], $dbinfo[user], $dbinfo[pass]) or die
         ('I cannot connect to the database');
    // mysql_select_db($dbinfo[name]);
    I tried to wrap an "if" statement around this, but apparently I'm a moron.

Angry

The Euro-Servers Kael, Sebilis and Venril belong to UBI Soft Europe and it seems that SoE does not do anything about them ... btw EQIM is not working on that servers too ...
    -- Lord Crush

Greater Faydark has to be cleaned from all Elves !

This is a HOTKEY !!!

Can't seem to download it. Says it isn't there.

Cheers

Excellent Ratt. I was looking for something like this and you're right; there isn't any out there for some reason, but they are all over the websites.

Thanks Ratt!

Ok, I finally got the eqss.php file and uploaded it to my website, that runs postnuke and php. I tried to load that page up directly from the browser but it didn't do anything. I just got a blank white page. I did '//' the mysql part that allows it to connect to the mysql server but it doesn't seem to make any html pages. Is there a trick or something to get this to work?

Cheers

The download should be working now... I reuploaded the file.

As for your problem, Tardiss, who knows.. it could be anything with the information you've given.

I'd say, chances are, you have a version less than 4.3.0 of PHP.

Tardiss -

Make sure you compiled PHP to support sockets. (--enable-sockets)

to get it to work with a version of php < 4.3

change
    socket_set_option(

to
    socket_setopt(

that is what I did and it worked np

Make sure you compiled PHP to support sockets. (--enable-sockets)
    If you're hosting the script on someone else's machine (a hosting provider, for example), they may not have sockets compiled into PHP. And chances are you're not going to be able to convince them to recompile PHP just for you. =) My provider doesn't have socket support compiled into PHP, which I found out after developing a script a lot like this one for myself (I basically ported a pre-existing perl script). But it was a nice learning experience.

(Edit: this one was developed with PHP 4.2.2)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by junk; 05-23-2003 at 09:17 PM.

Originally posted by guice
    Excellent Ratt. I was looking for something like this and you're right; there isn't any out there for some reason, but they are all over the websites.

Thanks Ratt!
    I think a lot of these sites are using my script. I wrote a php and a pl version some time ago before they removed the players-per-server stat, and released them. They are available on my site.
    When Ratt wrote this, however, my site had been down for a LONG time.
    Last edited by Mapfiend; 05-24-2003 at 02:20 AM.
    MF

hmmm, for some reason, as of this post, my script is reporting Rallos Zek as down, while the one here is reporting it as up. Is this one using the UDP connection to the status server?
    MF

From a few posts above yours, Mapfiend:

"Forgot to mention... as I said in the other thread:

Rallos Zek is NOT reported correctly from status.everquest.com ... there is NOTHING to be done about it until SOE fixes it.

The same goes for the missing servers. They are missing from the status, not from any scripts... this script will automatically add new servers as they are added to status.everquest.com ... however, SOE seems to have forgotten about the server and has not updated it in forever."

Thread Information