Thread: make -f Makefile.dist Errors

make -f Makefile.dist Errors

Im getting the following error when I do the:

make -f Makefile.dist

Adding libtool support......................................make[1]: *** [no-backup] Error 127
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Thanks for the helping me with this

arg

This was last asked on 5-22-2003.

There is a button named "search". If you press it you will find this answered many times. Along with the once a week "I don't understand the word, search, what does search mean? How do I fix this problem also?" posts.

I will help you with part of it (I really shouldn't, as you should have learned this in 2nd grade):

Main Entry: 1search
    Pronunciation: 's&rch
    Function: verb
    Etymology: Middle English cerchen, from Middle French cerchier to go about, survey, search, from Late Latin circare to go about, from Latin circum round about -- more at CIRCUM-
    Date: 14th century
    transitive senses
    1 : to look into or over carefully or thoroughly in an effort to find or discover something: as a : to examine in seeking something <searched the north field> b : to look through or explore by inspecting possible places of concealment or investigating suspicious circumstances c : to read thoroughly : CHECK; especially : to examine a public record or register for information about <search land titles> d : to examine for articles concealed on the person e : to look at as if to discover or penetrate intention or nature
    2 : to uncover, find, or come to know by inquiry or scrutiny -- usually used with out
    intransitive senses
    1 : to look or inquire carefully <searched for the papers>
    2 : to make painstaking investigation or examination
    - search·able /'s&r-ch&-b&l/ adjective
    - search·er noun
    - search·ing·ly /-chi[ng]-lE/ adverb

I can not help you solve this problem because you certainly DID NOT try.

Just FYI, (every search that was done concerning this error brought up ALOT of responses, but no answers)..

So.. to answer..

If you get the *** [no backup] Error 1, when doing a make -f Makefile.dist,

Check to make sure you have the right libraries installed, and all the requirements. could be as simple as going to ftp.gnu.org and downloading the latest version of libtool.

I do all my updates by src, I dont play with RPM's a whole lot.

I had that problem once. just made sure I had the requirements, turned out I didnt have a good version of libtoolize, so.. just got the latest libtool from ftp.gnu.org, downloaded, compliled and installed it..

then went into my showeq,, did make -f Makefile.dist and it worked.

Thread Information