Thread: Logger.cpp to go away?

Logger.cpp to go away?

I was looking into logging (only) the loc of the currently targeted or selected mob, so that I can read this information in a Xylobot script. (Xylobot's big weakness over Macroquest is that it has no way to determine where a mob is located).

After briefly looking to doing this, it looks like I will need to use logger.cpp, but now I see that its slated for removal.

Is this the definite plan?

Alternatively, any suggestions for an another way to do this? Basically, I just want to write the current loc of the selected or targeted mob to a log file every time it changes.

Well, the old PktLogger nonsense that had been in there has definitely gone away. The other stuff (SEQLogger base class and SpawnLogger) are currently undergoing a revamp (well, the code is mostly finished, but I haven't committed it yet). So if you do play in that area, expect to have to update your code.

Enjoy,
    Zaphod (dohpaZ)
    Chief Software Engineer of the Apocalypse.
    http://showeq.doomed.to/
    SourceForge.net user: dohpaz.

Personal thank you donations are now accepted.

If you're gonna do the commit in the next week or so, I'll just wait for that. And BTW, thanks for your efforts. ;-)

Is it possiable to have the spawnlog.txt file contain ALL the information about the spawn thats avaiable in the UI ? For example, race, deity, NPC type(internal [door, drop, timer, ...], NPC, PC, GM, ...), etc ?

Would it also be possiable to log PCs and NPCs in seperate files, as an optional setting ? I made some local changes to the code to make this possiable, it would make things easier if this was in CVS :P (Since it would be usefull to more then just me)

If you've already done the work to do it, make a unified diff of your version vs. the version in CVS and post it as a patch.

It will get reviewed, and if accepted will be placed in CVS.

All that, and you'll get the credit for doing the work

I figured you where revamping the logging code, which is why I didn't submit a patch sooner. I need to clean it up a little, I hard coded a lot of it. I will try to submit it this weekend, I already have a slew of code I gotta get done for work right now :P

Thread Information