Thread: deque.h?

Unhappy deque.h?

Okay, this is probably a stupid question, but I need a hand.

I've been getting errors in ./configure. Some of which I expect and have fixed, but one remains...

I installed gcc 3.0.2 (and all of the associated things with it.) When I do a gcc --version, it reports 3.0.2. This cleared the GCC-related error in ./configure.

After completing that, I downloaded the 2.3.2 maintenance release from trolltech. Ran the ./configure and make with this. That cleared the QT errors in ./configure. Now, I get the happy message that Qt is workable.

However, I get the following:

checking for deque.h... no
    configure: error: cannot find deque.h

deque.h is located in the libstdc++-devel-3.0.2-0.1 RPM, and is installed in /usr/include/g++-v3/backward

I've not had troubles with previous versions of SEQ, so I suspect that the problem is somehow related to the gcc3.0.2 upgrade. I installed gcc from the related RPMs which I got from www.rpmfind.com.

Any ideas?

hmm

it would be in your best interest to compile from source not from the rpms...

FYI - I'm not having any problems...

RH 7.2.. used up2date to pull packages from (free for 1 computer). Grabbed "gcc3" "gcc3-c++" "gcc3-g77" "gcc3-objc" "libstdc++3" and "libstdc++3-devel"

Note that pulls gcc 3.0.1 down. Haven't had any problems.

Though trying to use QT3 was a nightmare, and remember NOT to use any of the QT RPMS to build with (they are not compiled with -thread AFAIK and are not compiled with gcc3 either).

Lightbulb

I'm running SEQ 4 with the QT3 library.
    It took a few mods to the SEQ source files, but that was fixed in 10 mins. Trolltech has a nice QT2 to QT3 port guide.
    The make procedure for QT3 is the same as for QT2, but thats in another thread around here somewhere...
    Btw, i have built the binaries with GCC3.0.1, so 3.0.2 does not seem to be required.

I had the same problem I had to reinstall a fresh copy of mandrake 8.1 with all the developer tools and get fresh rpms and went from there... hope this helps

EDIT - disregard. posted problem on a different thread.

I am also getting this error. I made sure and dowloaded the source gz file from trolltech and recompiled it though; I didn't use an rpm. Other than doing the exact same thing over again, is there a way to diagnose further what the exact problem is or how to fix it?
    Last edited by cmore; 01-07-2002 at 01:27 PM.

I just uploaded a patch to fix this problem. Download it to your showeq directory and run the command patch -p0 < deque-patch.diff

I'll have to test it myself on a clean checkout, but have you tested this against the 3.0.1 distro that came with RedHat? And will this break more then it fixes?

I've only tested it with a Jan. 6 CVS checkout of GCC. I see no reason why it shouldn't work with any version of GCC unless RedHat somehow broke its headers.

I take it back, just tested with a relatively clean RH7.2 machine with the gcc3 RPMs from the CDs. All seems to be well.

As posted in a diff thread, but shortly put, I had the same file missing when I went to compile SEQ. It was nowhere to be found on my drive. Come to find out its because i was working from RH 7.1 AND had downloaded the current RPMs listed and installed them, but the RH 7.1 directories on the FTP server were missing the '3' on them. I thought it would be ok (because QT compiled) but it's NOT. So I am reinstalling rpm's with the '3' on my RH 7.1 distro but getting them and their dependencies from the RH 7.2 rpm ftp directory.

Still can't find deque.h

I tried everything listed on this post.
    Have downloaded all the gcc3 rpms and installed, even downloaded the newest CVS of gcc and installed it. I tried the patch suggested in an earlier post. I do have deque on my system. But ./configure still cannot find deque.h

I'll admit I am somewhat of a linux newbie, and I would appreciate any advice on what to try next.

Also, if you guys don't mind my asking a stupid question, how do you compile the qt rpms from source? I have the source rpms but cannot figure out how to "compile them with --thread"

The other way to get deque.h under RedHat at least is to install the old development tools, specifically "libstdc++-devel-2.96-98" which puts deque.h in a place that showeq's configure can find it. However the correct fix is adenine!'s patch (unless it is somehow RH specific, which i don't think it is).

Thread Information