Thread: Filters Reloaded

Filters Reloaded

Filters | Reload Filters isnt working like it used to.

It used to be that if you zoned in to a zone, made some changes to your filter file (found a new named, change what you're tracking for), then did a "Filters | Reload FIlter", you'd reload the current zone's filter file. Which is as expected.

After the 4.3.17 patch
    http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/sh...&threadid=4170
    Modified the FilterMgr to support both global and zone specific filters.
    It seems the menu "Filters | Reload Filters" is completely detached from automated zoning. The first time you reload it, the stdout reports that you're reloading "filters.conf" instead of whatever zone you're in. If you manually select (Filters | Select Filter) the correct filter file for the zone, it sticks until you manually change it again. ie: If you select "filters_dulak.conf" and then reload, you get the "filters_dulak.conf". If you zone into some other zone, you STILL get "filters_dulak.conf" whenever you reload filters.

It'd be nice if the Menu Filter system was notified of the "current" zone so that you could once again "reload filters" for the current zone w/o first selecting them.
    Curio

Re: Filters Reloaded

Originally posted by curio
    [B]Filters | Reload Filters isnt working like it used to.

It used to be that if you zoned in to a zone, made some changes to your filter file (found a new named, change what you're tracking for), then did a "Filters | Reload FIlter", you'd reload the current zone's filter file. Which is as expected.

After the 4.3.17 patch
    http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/sh...&threadid=4170

It seems the menu "Filters | Reload Filters" is completely detached from automated zoning.
    There is now both global and zone specific filters. And "Filter" => "Reload Filters" is related to the global filter and therefore completely unrelated to the current zone. The global filter applies to all zones. However if you look further down the "Filter" menu you'll find "Reload Zone Filters", which does exactly what you're looking for and works with the "current" zone.

The first time you reload it, the stdout reports that you're reloading "filters.conf" instead of whatever zone you're in.
    When you zone is when the zone specific filter file gets loaded. The global filter file only gets loaded at the beginning and when you force a reload of it.

If you manually select (Filters | Select Filter) the correct filter file for the zone, it sticks until you manually change it again. ie: If you select "filters_dulak.conf" and then reload, you get the "filters_dulak.conf". If you zone into some other zone, you STILL get "filters_dulak.conf" whenever you reload filters.
    Yes, since you were setting the global filter to the specified files. As such, it is working exactly as it should.

It'd be nice if the Menu Filter system was notified of the "current" zone so that you could once again "reload filters" for the current zone w/o first selecting them.
    Well, curio, lucky for you, it is attached to the "current" zone. You just have to look a little closer.

Enjoy,
    Zaphod (dohpaZ)
    Last edited by Zaphod; 11-05-2003 at 10:20 PM.
    Chief Software Engineer of the Apocalypse.
    http://showeq.doomed.to/
    SourceForge.net user: dohpaz.

Personal thank you donations are now accepted.

Question

There is now both global and zone specific filters. And "Filter" => "Reload Filters" is related to the global filter and therefore completely unrelated to the current zone. The global filter applies to all zones. However if you look further down the "Filter" menu you'll find "Reload Zone Filters", which does exactly what you're looking for and works with the "current" zone.
    The interface lists F3 as the command to reload Global and ''current'' zone. Should this not load them both or was that a mistake on the menu?

Also F4 is listed as saveing both Global and Local (''Current'')

Seems kinda confuseing. Or perhaps its just me.. ;-)

I too ran into some troubles with filters since this change.

I would choose to add a spawn to the zone filter (from spawn list context menus), which would indicate the change (Name in bold for alerts), save the zone filter, reload the zone filter, and the spawn I added was gone, like it never got added.

I toyed with it a bit, but did not dig into it yet, for lack of time.

So, I doubt it's just you, "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K".
    --------
    - Catt

>SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
    0 rows returned
    /em sigh

Originally posted by lildr00d
    The interface lists F3 as the command to reload Global and ''current'' zone. Should this not load them both or was that a mistake on the menu?

Also F4 is listed as saveing both Global and Local (''Current'')

Seems kinda confuseing. Or perhaps its just me.. ;-)
    The duplicate accelerators is in fact a bug. Only one of them will work (not sure which one). I'll try to fix that.

I would choose to add a spawn to the zone filter (from spawn list context menus), which would indicate the change (Name in bold for alerts), save the zone filter, reload the zone filter, and the spawn I added was gone, like it never got added.
    I'll double check, but I'd tested that. I could have missed a border case. In my next CVS commit (coming real soon now) filters have a bunch of other changes.

Enjoy,
    Zaphod (dohpaZ)
    Last edited by Zaphod; 11-06-2003 at 08:12 AM.
    Chief Software Engineer of the Apocalypse.
    http://showeq.doomed.to/
    SourceForge.net user: dohpaz.

Personal thank you donations are now accepted.

The duplicate accelerators is in fact a bug. Only one of them will work (not sure which one). I'll try to fix that.
    Thanks Zaphod.. As always GREAT job to you and everyone else who contributes!

Thread Information