Thread: Spawn Points Clutter

Spawn Points Clutter

I am never quite sure where to post some of these things.

I decided to start here - in case this is related to my lack of knowledge related to a feature.

When certain zones load there seems to be a large number of spurios spawn points marked. By this I mean the little gray plus signs that show where a mob has spawned in the past.

I use the spawn info to great advantage in some situations - so I recognize what the mark is about.

Just not sure how to wipe them and let the info start over - or even what controls them.

I tried searches of the forums - and just may not know how to structure the search.

This is particularly noticeable in Plane of Tranquility where most of the map appears to be gray with plus signs.
    Wiz60
    The Lurker at the Threshold

Have you tried to right click on the map area, go to the show menu seletion, and uncheck show spawn points?

I can't remember off the top of my head if you do that then recheck it or if you need to zone to clear it.

One last maybe, is the Cache Changes and having it always repaint map cache.

Maybe one of those will work for ya.

Actually, what I believe they are looking for is the "Clear Spawn Points" menu pick that is available on the context menu brought up by right clicking in the "Spawn Point List". That option will clear the entire spawn point list for the zone you are in.

Enjoy,
    Zaphod (dohpaZ)
    Chief Software Engineer of the Apocalypse.
    http://showeq.doomed.to/
    SourceForge.net user: dohpaz.

Personal thank you donations are now accepted.

That is what they are looking for, but in practice it doesn't quite work like that... at least for me it doesn't.

I have to left and right click on a spawn in the list to get the menu to come up. And not all spawns in the list will produce the menu; just scroll down and try another one. Then, to get the list to stay clear until new spawn points are cached, I have to Save Preferences from the main window File menu. If I don't Save Prefs, and I zone, then zone back in the spawn list is full from what was just cleared.

Again, I dunno if that's how it is for everybody, but that's what I have to do to get it to work. /shrug

Thread Information