Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MySEQ Server 2.0 Sneak Preview

MySEQ Server 2.0 Sneak Preview

SNEAK PREVIEW

Here is what I have so far. It dosen't do alot but you will start to see what it looks like.

http://www.dvolve.net/EQ/MySEQ/MySEQ...eakPreview.zip

You can connect to via telnet by going to a DOS prompt and typing:

telnet {Your Server IP Address} 6969 [Enter]

That should get you a blank screen and if you hit [Enter] it will give you a Connected! message in the telnet session.

If you watch the Server Window it will show you the status of what it's doing.

Close the DOS prompt and it will close the connection to the server and the server will reset waiting for another connection.

Please check it out and give me some feed back on whether it works on Win98/WinNT etc.

I will continue to add more functionallity to it today.
    Last edited by MQSEQ2; 11-17-2003 at 07:22 AM.

Sweet Looking good
    Blah!

I will be releasing a new sneak preview of the Server 2.0 tomorrow once I get some more items `done.

Currently it will scan for EQprocesses and add up to 5 EQProcesses in a menu so you can select which process to monitor (it will only show you the ID not the players name). maybe once I get it done I will have it hook each process to get the players name and display the name vs. the Process ID (sounds pretty cool, glad I have a big check book ).

This is a total rewrite of the server and once it's done it will be alot faster and will be customizeable of what data to transfer. You will get to select what is set to the client, ie. SpawnInfo, GroundItems, PlayerInfo, TargetInfo, etc. This will allow you to toggle what you want to see in the client. Basically if you are running slow then you can turn off Player info, grounditems, etc, this would reduce the amount of traffic to send which would mean the faster screen refresh, so break put the P75 and knock the dust off. Dang P75 wont load any OS hardly hehe.

Here is the latest Sneak Preview.

http://www.dvolve.net/EQ/MySEQ/MySEQ...eakPreview.zip

You can run this version and it will add a list of EQProcesses to the menu for you to select. Once you select the EQProcess you will see the Zone Name in the Titlebar.

You can telenet into the server via Telnet on the IP Address and Port number (Port is in Ini file). Once you are Connected you will see the Server show the IP Address and Port that the client is connected on. You can do the following tests:

Key Server Response
    Enter Connected!
    0 Spawn Info
    1 Target Info
    4 Zone Info
    5 GroundItem Info
    253 Player Info

To do 253 you will need to use a line mode Telnet program like PuTTY (free download). DOS Telnet is a character mode Telnet session. Charter mode is it send each character vs. the entire line once the Enter key is pressed.

Please check to see if you see those outputs. The program doesn't do anything else at this time but as you can see I'm making pretty good progress on this rewrite.

I need folks to test this on Win98/WinME/WinNT/Win2k/WinXP.

DEVELOPERS:
    I need some help with the section in frmMain.cs labeled ToDo:.

Basically I wrote what is needed in the comments.

Pardon my noobness, but can you explain the telnet thing to me? What will that do for the new server? Is it a different way of connecting to it in leiu of the client?

Or is telnet just being used to test it at the moment?

-Mixy!

Telnet is just for testing purposes You could telnet in the existing Server.

A Server/Client setup a Port to communicate via TCP/IP (hence the IP Address) and port. The client will ask the Server for information across this Port. The server will gather the rrequested information and send it back to the Server via the port.

The Client you are using is just a fancy Telnet Client that sends request for data and then presents it to you in a way that makes sense. EQ is based on this type of theory as well.

You can run this version and it will add a list of EQProcesses to the menu for you to select. Once you select the EQProcess you will see the Zone Name in the Titlebar.
    Hmm.. What does this mean? I start it both before and after i started EQ, but i did not get any options or "menu's" to choose anything tho.. hehe

Well.. Looks kewl nuff.. Keep up the work

The menu I'm refferring to is the menu that pops up when you click on in the SysTray. Generally all SyaTray apps work off that menu system, most SysTray apps don't have a window to display hence SysTray Icon.

In the Final product I will add additional Menu options so you can see them when the Window is up. I will also be adding a Links options and allowing you to have 5 web site links that you can modify and point to whatever you want.

This is the time to make some request for the Server as well as the Client. I say the Client here because some Client requests may require Server changes to push the data being requested. Think along the lines you see it in EQ and you would like to see it in this project.

Would like to have a data dump of your character to a .txt file.

All equipment worn, in inventory and in bank along with it's ID#, name, and Lore descriptive.

This is all info that's sent, as I know I've done this before in SEQ.

Great to be able to print your character items out for reference, etc.

-Reaver

Inventory stuff maybe more than what MySEQ is used for at this time. MacroQuest does this type of stuff already.

I plan on showing the stuff that you see in SEQ. As you see in SEQ you don't really see the name of the worn item just the class.

I will try to get all the data I can tho.

As i posted in the other thread, i would like to see ZEM's displayed somewhere if possible.

-Mixy!

A client feature I would like to see, which would probably require a server mod is the spell casting info window. Where is list the spells you have casted and the time remaining on them.

Great job on the project! Thanks

~z~

Originally posted by reaver
    Would like to have a data dump of your character to a .txt file.

All equipment worn, in inventory and in bank along with it's ID#, name, and Lore descriptive.

This is all info that's sent, as I know I've done this before in SEQ.

Great to be able to print your character items out for reference, etc.

-Reaver
    You can do all that excepting the lore description with the Magelo client.
    Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get you!

ZEM is on the list.

The Spells buffs I will look at, I know MQ does this show I show be able to figure it out. I will try to make a window showing buff info.

Major breakthru in the rewritting of the Server to C# today.

I have been able to get more data from the client today, this means the new server should be released soon. I will release another Preview today hopefully that will be able to return all the existing SpawnInformation as well as some new stuff.

I need folks to really test this product ASAP on all the OS Platforms becuase once it appears to be working fine the Client will be modified to work with the new Server. So I'm trying to work out any OS issues before we make Client changes.

Once you have tested it on your OS please post it here working or not.

We need the following OS's tested:

Win98/WinME/WinNT/Win2k/WinXP

This is everybody's chance to contribute to the project outside of developing the project. The developers are working for free to make this product a better project. All we ask now is help from folks on testing and helping us debug the issues.

Thanks for your support!

Thread Information