Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MySEQTester

MySEQTester

MySEQTester now available at http://www.dvolve.net/EQ/MySEQ/.

This will be the testing/debugging program for the Server 2.x and higher versions.

To use this program you must download the SneakPreview Server 2.0 and this program.

Known Features not working:
    Ground Spawns
    Con Colors
    Players health shows as % vs. hit points, the number xx% is really xx hps. I will add the logic to remove the % on the player in the Spawn List. All other spawns will show as % like normal.
    Working of the Hunger/Thirst/Fatigue

These will be added in future releases.

It's not doing a whole lot for me. All I get is the name box updating any time something pops or someone zones in, and the first letter from each word is missing.

So a toon pops in named "Skippy Mcskippen" it shows as "kippy cskippen"

No level, no hp, nada. Spawn and item tables are blank, too.

Offsets look fine, though.

Sounds like you offsets are messed up. I'm going to release a new version of it and the SP2.0 tomorrow.

Are the links at dvolve.net for the current 2.x stuff? Just checking.

They should be the latest and I will be updating them this week once I get some more features added. These will become release versions and then the Client will be converted. I'm very close to making the switch. I know there is a EQ patch coming up soon so I may wait on the Client 2.x release until after that and we get the stable offsets.

I'm having the exact same problem. I'm getting a connection to the server. It acts as though it is an offset issue but i have verified my offsets and they are current.

on a side note. What is the purpose of the MySEQServer.ini file that's in the MySEQ Tester Program? Is this just to make sure we are using the correct offsets or does it serve a purpose to the client as well?

Scratch that, I figured out my problem. I can't rename the 2.0 server. If I do it connects but I get no info. If I leave it named the same thing it was originally named it works perfectly. Can this be fixed? I noticed the header says Norton Antivirus but mem manager still says it's MySEQserver.exe
    Last edited by NovaUSC; 01-06-2004 at 07:06 PM.

To fix that change the .Ini name to match the .Exe name ie. SEQ.Exe and SEQ.Ini. I did this so folks can make the server anything they want so they can really avoid detection from Sony.

The Server Ini will have the Main memory locations and a few Structure offsets need to find the next set of info. The Client Ini will be all of the Structure offsets. The reason I did this is so the Server will collect and push all the data without processing any of it (1.x Server only sent a small msubset of data). In the 2.x series the Client uses the Structure Offsets to get the data we are looking for (1.x does the same but they offsets are hardcoded in the Client). By moving everything to Ini's it will make patch day alot easier when they change any offsets.

Some testing results

I downloaded the most current version from http://www.dvolve.net/EQ/MySEQ
    last night and got it all set up.

So far here is what I have looked at/seen:
    Server/client are both running on xp, server is on "home" ed and client is on XP Pro.

1) RC and RF numbers are swaped to what my char in game are reporting.
    2) Server name is blank
    3) Fatigue Level is always max (bar full) even after I use dics to burn it down some.
    4) Hunger/Thurst (I saw that your working on them, but here is what I saw from my end) eating/drinking "till I would explode" hunger was full at 13 dots and 11 for thurst... meter lookd to be maxed at 17 dots.

5)On the buffs section of the screen: (Not sure what some of the fields are for but again... here is what I'm seeing:
    Level: is ALWAYS 2
    Duration: working great when it gets to 0 my buff drops in game
    Dmg Shield: ALWAYS 10.0 I tried all types of buffs... including a DS
    Absorb: Always 0 but I didn't try any "Rune" type spells.

Sit/stand/FD (for position are all working and reporting correctly.. all the rest of the stats.. bank/shared bank resists minus the ones mentioned are all correct.

The only stats I could get were on myself.. even if I targeted another player... not sure if I should see different.. but that's what I'm getting.

I did not look at either of the 2 other tabs.

Hope all this helps! PM me or reply here and I'll test out anything else you need/want

MM13

1) I will check out Cold/Fire offsets, since those are offsets in the Ini you can easily swap them in the Ini file to fix it.
    2) Server name may have been removed after last patch
    3) Fatigue is no longer in EQ so I will change it to the new one when I get the offset
    4) Hunger/Thirst is strange and I have not figured out how to determine the max for these show the correct status bar
    5) Currenly that's what they show but I'm working on the Spell Names and and trying to get better info.

The first tab will only show the Players Stats and nobody else. You can't get that data for each spawn. The 2nd Tab shows all the Spawns in the zone and the 3rd tab is the Ground Spawns.

I need to add the Remove logic so the Spawns/Ground only show what is current in the zone (just never got around to do it). The new version that I will release this week should address all these items. Once I get these done in the Tester I will be set to make the changes in the Client and should be getting close to a Beta release of the 2.x Client/Server.

heh, remember seeing this on the MacroQuest structs forum last night, so was just about to post a link to that thread.

Only to find it was MqSEQ who had posted it.

Duh me!
    Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get you!

Cool Excellent work

So far everything looks spectacular. MYSEQ2, you are doing a bangup job with the 2.0 server and client (tester). When should we be expecting to see a client with integrated maps?

I also heard (or maybe I read somewhere) that in 2.0 you were no longer going to have a seperate client. This would be extremely problematic as far as I can see. Playing EQ in a window is very annoying; I use the client on a seperate PC so I can play and monitor mob and PC locations at the same time, as well as navigating zones quickly. I have no interest in tabbing between applications on a computer that is already slowed by the EQ process (I have a P3 866 with a gig of ram, and EQ still takes over; I've tried that application that is supposed to limit the amount of processor time that EQ uses [can't remember the name of it] but EQ won't run with that running). If you are planning on releasing a seperate client, yeah! If not, please reconsider , or put in the ability to choose to connect to a seperate server that way I could (worse case scenario) install the package on both computers and use one to connect to the other.

Again, thanks for all your time and effort. I really appreciate the hard work you have done and continue to do to keep this project alive and kicking!

Bah... Every time I see you guys talking about this.. I think its my name in the Subject when I 1st read it.

lol...

Having some PC probs.. but when its all resolved I think I going to play with/Test this out a bit.

I am a True ShowEQ user, but I am also good at breaking things.

ST.

WizBang you did read something about a single Client but you didn't remember it all, I had stated that I was going to make the Server and the Client but add enough code to the Client so it didn't need the Server for those that wanted to run on the same computer. By running the Client on the same computer and toggling the Client into Server mode the Client would not need to use any TCP/IP transport and would be able to read the EQ memory directly increaseing the speed of the Client a lot. But for those who wants to run the Client on a separte machine you will still be able to do that. So there is nothing to reconsider hehe. BTW I run the Client on separte machines.

Tester I'm gonna start a Subject called SeqTester just for you

OK man...a little feedback

Resists look great..

Server name is there...

Buff duration is excellent...(just no names yet....)

Skills are populated..(but skills of 0 all show as 255...might wanna filter out somehow)

A ground spawn showed in PoA....(but couldn't run to check it...)

Coordinates for Me looked good ( in first window)

Other items as before ....

Spawn window looked fully populated to me....stats about right...as were most of the items....(noticed that is had wrong gear for ME ...showed Kedge Robe for first 3 items...then Leather something or other for the rest)

Lemme know if there are other specifics yer looking for....

and the configuration is Server on XP Home with EQ and Client on XP Pro

Looking GOOD!!!

Thread Information