Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MySEQTester

Sounds good.

I will try to locate something that will allow me to filter the Skills that you don't use per your class. A 255 most of the time signifies you can't use because of Class but there are the Int, Wis, Dex, etc that could be that high. A 0 should represent you can do the Skill but have not done it yet.

In the next release I will have the Languages added (it's coded but I forgot to add to the List before I released it).

I'm going to spend time on the Spell Information now so it shows more stuff ie. Name, etc.

The Armour is about as good as we gonna get since EQ doesn't send the exact Item Number of the Armour they just send a description Number (ie. Leather, Ringmail, etc.), this is to help draw the spawn with the correct textures. We use it so you can tell the spawns are wearing something. I will be adding the Weapons as well.

I'm going to find a way to get the Max HP Info as well and add a graph to the Tester for it.

Looks like I'm getting real close to completeing the Tester with the data and once it's done I can convert the Client to use the new Server. Remember the Client will look like it currently does and the Tester is just a testing program so we can verify all the data when EQ changes.

Cool Man

Looked really good...although one little thing....I had to stop and start the client to get it rolling? if that makes sense.....I was trying to get sitting and standing to register, and it did not, till I stopped then restarted the client....

You should not need to do that.

I just checked it on mine and it's working fine. can you turn on logging, to do that edit the Ini file and set loglevel to 1 then save the Ini. Close the Tester then restart it then Sit/Stand a few times. Yahoo me your results.
    Last edited by MQSEQ2; 01-10-2004 at 04:46 PM.

Hmmmm

ONLY happened the first time....and not any other time....I'll log it only if it happens again....(in a raid atm and would be a major pain....)

hehe

Just figured out how to get the complete Spell information for all spells so now I need to see what Spell data is useful.

Range;
    AERange;
    PushBack;
    CastTime;
    FizzleTime;
    RecastTime;
    DurationType;
    DurationValue1;

Think about the Range and AoERange, hmm, make a Spell casting Range Circle for example. Now pick your jaw off the grounds :P

There's alot more stuff I can do and show about Spells too.

While on the topic of spells..

The Base Mana/Mana values looked pretty far off to me - The base mana was appearing more like my buffed mana, and I don't even know where the mana value came from (its about 2k too high). So I decided to run a little test..

I tested this out with two casts of Voice of Quellious (a 1200 mana spell). With full mana, I was sitting at 5926/8019. After two casts, I was at 4432/6525, and 74% mana. Doing some quick math, that would be 74.7% of full mana for the 'base mana' situation, and 81.3% for the 'mana' case.

Basically the 'base mana' value is what the buffed/geared mana is, and I can't quite figure out where the mana number is coming from.

Not really a huge bug or anything, but might be worth checking over for accuracy reasons.

Everything else looks great so far though!

Base Mana might be the actual mana and the Mana is the bonus mana from equipment worn. Now EQ may be screwed up in the instead of adding Base Mana plus Bonus Mana = Total Mana it may be Total Mana - Bonus Mana = Base Mana.

I will check it ou some more and it the numbers worked out. No one ever accused Sony that they knew what they were doing ie. Y, X, Z coords vs. 99.999% of the rest of the Real World uses X, Y, Z coords.

Well, I figured out what it is.

The difference between the 'mana' value and the 'base mana' value is the amount of worn +mana items you have. Basically I took the difference fully geared (which came out around 2k) and then took off a piece of gear, and the change in the two numbers was the same as the amount of +mana on the item I took off.

Edit: That might not be entirely true - my int didn't change when I took off that piece of gear. I'll mess around with it a little more later and see how it all works out. Sitting at about 400 unbuffed so I have to take off a few pieces for anything to change

Ok I got the Skills Filtered down to show only the skills you have. The Skills that show as 255 is the way EQ determines if your class can use that skill. I wasn't thinking in the other post. No Skill will go over 255 that I know of so all I did was added all skills under 255 to the list.

I got the languages added to the Skills list.

Now time to code the Spells list and find a way to tie the Spells o the buffs so I can display the Spell Names for the buff.

I should have something worked out by tomorrow and will release a new version of the Tester and Server.

After using WinHex and MQ structures I relized MQ structures were off a bit on the Speel buffs so I have corrected the issues and now the Buffs shows the correct Level, Dmg Shield and Absorb which ultimately got me the correct SpellID so now I can successfully link the Buff Spell to the Spell List to get all data about a spell.

Now it's time to code the Spell List so I can populate a Spell List Tab and start the Linking.

Yer Rockin dude....

post up some of that new code so we can see....

<grin>

Is that drool I see you doing?

I never drool...(either too old...or not old enough...LOL)...but.....HARK.....

Was that a bell I hear? Is Doc Pavlov around here anywheres????

hehehe

Cool

Stragely, this seems to be bugged on one of my characters. It stops displaying CharacterInfo around the Thirst/Hunger status. The other characters that I tried seem to work fine.

Thread Information