Thread: 2 different OS

2 different OS

Ok running WinXP on one system and Win98SE on other will MySEQ work if running server on XP machine and Client on 98SE machine?

Thanks,
    Kev

The MySEQ Client and server will work on Win98/WinME/WinNT/Win2k/WinXP/Win2k3.

You can mix match the OS's in any configuration with no problems.

Hell---I run the Client on Win2k Adv Server which is my test server I use for all sorts of things. It just happens to be the closest monitor to my workstation.

PII 300 Mz runs a webserver, Teamspeak server, FTP server, plus MySEQ Client.

Why in the heck are you running Advanced Server on a PII 300 system? Is it more than dual proc? Do you have 8 gigs of memory? Is it clustered or load balanced with other machines? Because really, support for those things are the only difference between Server and Advanced Server.

Seems like a lot of kernal overhead for a system that doesn't need it. You're probably not getting the best performance you could be out of that system.

Mainly because someone tried to tell me that it "would not at all" run on that machine.

I only have it there just because. I could put just Server on it but it performs pretty darn well as it is. Of course, its only a test server for websites that I design and thats about it. No load balancing or anything at all.

/shrug

To each his own, I guess.

Thread Information