Thread: wav file alert not working.

wav file alert not working.

hiya all, been searching for quite awhile now cant seem to find an amswer. I cant get it to play a wave file when an alert pops or is up at all, no wav. The "beep" works, but "play wav" wont do anything.

I tried every variation, from c:\pop.wav to placing the pop.wav in every myseq directory and having it point to just pop.wav, to actually putting in the path to each and every pop.wav i put in every myseq directory, still no dice. Can anyone help?

using 1.15.12 34370

Any help would be appriciated, thanks.
    Nijhal

I will try to look into this tonight.

Thanks man, if I could help I would.
    Nijhal

I believe it is the format of your WAV file. I have found out that not all wav files will work in MySEQ. I am not familiar with WAV formats but there must be different ones out there.

Try different wav files until you can find one that works. I'll include on that I know works with mine. Use that one and see if it works for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

place it in your myseq directory and put just the NAME... do not put pop.wav

pop is all you need period. no address or anything, just pop. Did I mention to use just the name and to place it in your myseq directory? use pop only =p

I will add code the verify the file exists and allow extentsion etc. maybe a browse button to locate the file.

Thread Information