Thread: no showeq.conf.dist

Unhappy no showeq.conf.dist

I am very new to Linux, am running RH7.2, and did everything in the HOWTO for RH 7.2. i thought all was good, but apparently not. when i go to CP(copy profile?) the showeq.conf.dist it says no such file or directory. I have all the filefolders from usr on up to showeq. looked in the showeq file and no conf or dist files.

somewhere along the way i missed something. everything ran smoothly up till step 5. then i get the error "no such file or directory.

I type

cp /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf.dist /usr/local/share/showeq.conf

but it cant find the first file. so dont even get to second part.

Hmm, what did i miss. i know i am missing the showeq.conf.dist. where should i have gotten it?

any help would be great.

thanks

Read your INSTALL.newbies file. Line # 14 & 15. your paths may be incorrect.

hmmm

ok, i really missed something. i cant even find that file. all the maps are in the showeq folder. nothing else.

Cause the INSTALL and README files are where you downloaded the stuff from CVS to.

the showeq.conf.dist file might also be in /root/showeq/conf/ (or where ever the showeq dir is from the CVS download. i will have to check into that later.

you can use "slocate -u &" to update your find database, and when that is done use "slocate showeq.conf.dist" to see where it is.

Thread Information