Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MySEQ Client/Server 2.0.0 Beta is Out!!!

Smile MySEQ Client/Server 2.0.0 Beta is Out!!!

The new MySEQ Client/Server 2.0.0 is out and ready ready for Beta testing.

http://www.dvolve.net/EQ/MySEQ

You will need to Download the Client 2.0.0, Support Files and Server 2.0.0, even if you have downloaded them before.

Please test it out against the 1.x stuff and let me know which options are not the same.

Currently I know the Sorting of the SpawnList and Spawn Timers are not working as expected. They will be done ASAP as well as all the Player's Stats, GroundItems in a List.

I would install these in there own directory so you can have both versions running. Make sure you copy the support files into the Client 2.0.0 directory. If you want to rename the MySEQServer. Exe you must also rename the Ini file match the name (ie. MyServer.Exe = MyServer.Ini)

Good Luck and let me know ASAP any issues.

Talking

WOOOT GREAT JOB TRYING OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Blah!

Server is refusing the connection....any ideas???

Make sure you use the real IP Address and not the 127.0.0.1. I will look in to that.

Turn on logging in the Client and the Server (Manually create the logs directory for the server).

Also make sure you switch the ports around - its 5555 by default on the client, 6969 by default on the server.

Just downloaded it, going to fire it up soon Can't wait

Is there a problem with the offsets provided in the zip file? Getting a partial spawn list with some corrupted data (some coordinates in the equipment, ect) - but the offsets look about the same as 1.17's.

Turned on logging, no errors occuring on either the client or server side.

Tried installing it on the same machine as I'm running the server on - I get the server actively refusing the connection error also. Doesn't do that on my networked laptop.

And yes, I changed the IP

I saw you have offsets listed for primary and secondary weapons, but they're not on the list. Thats what I was really looking forward to with 2.0!

Still can't get the partial spawn list on the laptop figured out though, I'm assuming its a bad offset somewhere but I can't track it down.

This isnt working for me either.

When I first run it i get a pop up that tells me that Docking.bmp(it is there in the main directory) cannot be found and to check the path. After that I set up the ports, changed the IP from the default and hit go. The connection seems to be working as the server shows that there has been a connection established. For whatever reason it just sits there and no map or spawn list shows up.

I checked the logs and there is a line that shows me being disconnected and then Error in Requestpacket: Object reference not set ot an instance of an object.

I also get the "unable to connect to server" message but it is sporatic. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.
    Last edited by Knave; 01-26-2004 at 06:49 PM.

Hmm, it works for me but its really slow in updating.

It fires up and operates for me. The spawn list is really, really slow in updating. The map is slightly offcenter.
    My processor useage is up signifigantly (20% with 1.15.17; 87% - 95% with 2.0B)
    Other things:
    The value in the AA colum is either 3, or 255
    The guild thing, and officer / member seem to be working properly

In it's current state it is unuseable for me. The updated are slow, and it's killing my athlon 650.

Network useage seems to be up as well. (0% with 1.15.17; 0% - 4% with 2.0B)

Dont get me wrong at all, im very happy that it's out in beta!! I just figured i'd post a few of my observations.

-Mixy!

Maybe thats the laptop's problem, its only a 400mhz and those hard drives have terrible access rates back then. The thing is so slow

I will work on the Server doing some filtering on mobs.

This is why I've ask folks in the past to do some testing with the Tester program to make sure we were going down the right path.

The weapons will be added soon enough. The issue is there are 4 different files to try and pull the weapons information from and I need some time to figure out which is the best way to get that info.

The SpawnList should not be updating alot of information at this time. I will do some testing via a Ini setting to turn on/off the SpawnList updating of stuff like the XYZ, distance etc.

The more input from gfolks the quicker I can narrow down the areas that need to be worked on.

I had problems getting 2.x server client working earlier this evening. It would show a connection, but I couldn't get any response with either the 2.x client or the 2.x tester... I gave up and loaded the 1.x programs. I tried again later with the 2.x stuff and it worked this time. The 1.x stuff was still running, nothing was changed in the 2.x .ini files.

A few things I noticed with the tester...
    SvF and SvC (I think those were the two) were still swapped.
    The number labeled Base HP was neither my HP without spells or my current HP...
    (player) Server wasn't showing anything.
    Everything else seemed correct...

Data transfer from server to client on another computer was really slow and running 1.x and 2.x at the same time was next to impossible. We can blame that on the 850 Athalon on the client computer though.

I was hoping to see some of the info from the tester incorporated into the new client. I'm still wondering how/if you're gonna do that.

Never had any problems with the 2.0 testers, they've just suddenly popped up

What I noted above was with the new 2.x server... If I recall correctly, the tester worked fine with the prior 2.x server...

And I just noticed, both the 2.x server and client remained in memory after closing the programs. The client was running at almost 100% processor time, I think that's the only reason I noticed it. Checked server to find it still in memory too.

Thread Information