Thread: SEQ not showing any data

SEQ not showing any data

Hi,

I installed SEQ without any errors on RedHat 7.2 (I used the guide by monkey679)

Here's my network:

ISP---Linuxbox---WinXPbox

The network works - the two computers can ping each other and the internet connection is shared.

In ShowEQ I am using eth1 (the network card connected to the ISP) and my real IP (i.e. not my internal network ip).

I start SEQ before starting EQ. When I start EQ, SEQ starts to read packets (the "Pkt: xxx (xxx)" display in SEQ tells me this). Unfortunately, No map is loaded, no character info is loaded, no messages are logged, no mobs are displayed... nothing!

As said, I believe my network is set up correctly, and I had no problems compiling SEQ with monkey679's guide (on the Hacker's Quest SEQ forums).

I tried all sorts of other variations (ethX / ip) with the showeq.conf configuration, but those didn't help either.

Does anybody know what might be wrong? o_O
    [ CodE-E ]

You want to use the whichever eth is connected to the windows machine (the eth "inside" your router), and the IP address of your windows machine.

--Jeeves

w00t, it worked!

/salute
    [ CodE-E ]

Im having the same problem...at 1st i wasnt getting packets at all then i switched to a diff hub. now im getting dat but no maps etc...also for some reason i cant get seq to pick up my windows box ip but when i use 127.0.0.0 it works.. my net: router-hub-winxp&linux box....any help would seriously rock

Did you try what high_jeeves said, CountSpatula?

Say your real IP is 224.186.67.115, and your network IPs are 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.2 ...

Code:
           (Linuxbox)     (Winbox)
    ISP---| Eth0     |   |        |
          | Eth1     |---| Eth2   |
    Eth0: 224.186.67.115
    Eth1: 192.168.0.1
    Eth2: 192.168.0.2

ShowEQ needs the network device on your Linuxbox which is connected to your Winbox and the IP of your Winbox (the internal network IP) -- a little weird, I know... o_O

For this example: in showeq.conf set network device to eth1 and IP to 192.168.0.2 (yes, 192.168.0.2, not 192.168.0.1)
    [ CodE-E ]

Can't you just use the autodetect for the IP of the Windows machine? I never touched the beginning of showeq.conf that lets you specify IP address because ever time I start showeq it finds the win machine on it's own.

A case of fixing something till it breaks?

Autodetect should generally work (actually, should always work). Its really the ethX setting that is most important. The only issues with autodetect occur when you have more than 1 EQ box on the network.

Thread Information