Thread: PoE, invisible mobs, and confusion on my part

PoE, invisible mobs, and confusion on my part

Howdy.

I'm currently using SEQ beta 5.00.11 and while in Plane of Earth, noticed something kind of weird with the map filter function.

If I put in the "find" area the term "Name:TrapMan:" (without quotes) lots of purple dots start flashing. I thought that was cool until I realized that some of those dots were in fact not named "TrapMan" but instead included a few other traps such as "A Earth Initiate". Since I thought the name search is literal, I don't understand this behavior.

The other thing I noticed was that some of the traps were already sprung and according to SEQ, they are blue-con mobs on the map. However, they still show up as Invisible Man for the race and I can't seem to filter those out either since the string value SEQ displays is still Invisible Man, TrapMan, etc.

Any thoughts?
    Regards,

Horse Shoe Crab

Re: PoE, invisible mobs, and confusion on my part

The traps spawn mobs, some of these mobs don't despawn, some despawn slower than the traps respawn.

If a blue dot is flashing from your search, its because there *is* a live trap under it... ShowEQ can't draw both the blue con and purple invis mob in the same spot.

Thread Information