Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OoW Maps - riftseek, cause, dranik, dranikscar, proving, bloodfield, wall

OoW Maps - riftseek, cause, dranik, dranikscar, proving, bloodfield, wall

Well, since I dont want to get Mapfiend in trouble with Sony again, I'll post my maps here until....

All in SEQ format. Kinda guessed on the long names since I haven't logged into beta for a while and seq doesn't use those fields anymore.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dok; 08-27-2004 at 03:23 PM.

Re: OoW Maps - riftseek, cause, dranik, dranikscar, proving, bloodfield, wall

2 more since theres a 5 attachment limit. zipped files are over 25k uncompressed, so cant upload em otherwise.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Invalid M line at causeway.map:24 only one point
    Invalid M line at causeway.map:30 only one point

Other than the invalid M-lines in causeway and the upper right curling hallway on provinggrounds the maps look nice.

Well, since I dont want to get Mapfiend in trouble with Sony again, I'll post my maps here until
    Thanks . And thanks for the maps. Obviously we put them up as soon as the NDA is lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by ksmith
    Invalid M line at causeway.map:24 only one point
    Invalid M line at causeway.map:30 only one point
    Easy fix just open up the causeway map and delete line 24:
    "M,line,#bebebe,1,568,1678,352"

and line 30:
    "M,line,#bebebe,1,90,-96,324"

Just a quick question to those on Beta, how do you access the new zones ?

Choof

Quote Originally Posted by Choofer
    Just a quick question to those on Beta, how do you access the new zones ?

Choof
    There is an old man xxxxx in knowledge that ports you to mens zones. Btw, how do you make soe format maps out of these seq maps?

Developer

I've never used it before, but there's a Save SOE Map in File menu in showeq.

Seeing these maps has made me wonder something... Exactly how much detail do people want to see in maps?

For comparison, here's the Dranik's Scar map I made...

Sure, it took me awhile to finish it, but I personally like the extra detail.

Edit: Hmmm. Direct linking seems to be broken. So hard to get decent hosting anymore. Here is the direct link to the .jpg...
    Last edited by Iwannasee; 09-01-2004 at 11:44 PM.

yeah my DS map has way more detail then these but to be honest these are very nice and simple maps. For SEQ I like clean and simple for EQ I like as much detail as I can!

I used to do my maps very very detailed, mapping out every pillar and everything, but then I started thinking about real maps... If I look at a map going from my house to the grocery store, do I want to see every house, stop sign, and pothole on my map? or do I just want to know the route to get there? Thats what I base my maps on

I agree with what someone said before -- in the EQ game maps, it's good to have the details (I often will drive based on map alone vs. looking at the world, so knowing where a pillar is, is a must).

SEQ doesn't need the details. It only gets in the way of the skittles.

Wall of slaughter is missing a cave on the east wall south section... too ticked in to fix it

I haven't bothered to look, but if they haven't changed the format of the files, you could use ksmith's method to convert from the 3D data of the EQ file to the 2D format of the SEQ/EQ map...

Thread Information