Thread: Hunger/Thirst Gauges

Hunger/Thirst Gauges

I managed to get a klunky Hunger/Thirst set of gauges going. Seem to have minimal impact on performance, since I coded it to only have the server send update info when your Hunger/Thirst level changes or you restart the connection. I'm not sure if the code's worth posting though since I did a real hack-job on the data packet that sends the info and stole code to change gauge color from the MySEQ v2.0 project.

Will take me a bit to go back over my code and pry out the useful code from the mess of other junk I'm playing with, but just wanted to show you what I was working on. Right now, I have the gauge being red at 3000 or below, yellow from 3000 to 6000, and blue from 6000 and up, where you can't forcefeed yourself above 6000 and you auto-eat under 3000.

It's pretty tough coding C# when all I have to work with is NotePad/WordPad, a simple batch file to compile, and little to no previous experience with the language. Ah! Is there even a GUI environment for editing C# on Win98?

Old No Name
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ht_image.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	505  

Re: Hunger/Thirst Gauges

I am interested in putting hunger + thirst gauges in.

I know there are a couple of free developer environments about, but I havent tried any as I have a legal copy of M$ one through work.

SharpDevelop
    http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/Default.aspx

I believe you can also get Borland C# Builder free for personal use.
    http://www.borland.com/products/down...rpbuilder.html

I do not know if these work on win 98 or not tho
    "Come," called the old man, "come now or you will be late."

"Late?" said Arthur. "What for?"

"Late, as in the late dentarthurdent," said the old man, sternly. "It's a sort of threat you see."

Re: Hunger/Thirst Gauges

I use Textpad - it has syntax highlighting and a Tool menu where you can make a hotbutton that runs your compile.bat.

Thread Information