Thread: Proximity Filter Patch

Proximity Filter Patch

Here's a small patch to the 5.5.0.0 tree of ShowEQ that adds proximity alerts. Proximity alerts trigger when a proximity filtered mob is moving within the field of view (FOV) of the player. If used with audio commands, this could be used to alert you, if a roamer has moved close to your location.
    The FOV setting on the map controls the proximity alert area.

To apply the patch, save the attached file to the showeq-5.5.0.0 folder and execute

Code:
       cd src
       patch -p1 <../showeq_5_5_0_0_patch.txt
    Then rebuild ShowEQ

Code:
       make
       make install
    [Edited: patch now includes a seperate map icon for the proximity filter]

-Tarwyn
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tarwyn; 06-21-2006 at 06:25 AM.

Developer

Re: Proximity Filter Patch

On first pass, this looks good. I'll work it into the tree when I can. Thanks for the contribution!

NM. Spoke too soon. Thought it was a patch to add danger alerts which exist. This adds a new audio alert and I guess a new icon for it.
    Last edited by BlueAdept; 06-21-2006 at 07:10 PM.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Developer

Caution adds a line a at hard-coded 500 distance. Danger does 1000 and 500 I think. But this actually uses the "field of view" circle on the map as the distance and lets you adjust it. It seems reasonable to me.

Heh...seems it took me quitting EQ before people got interested in filters.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Purple you give this code your blessing?

If so, I'l patch-add (quilt) it into Debian packages.

I decided I needed an audio alert for wandering mobs after I was brutally murdered by an roaming guard while happily medding in what I felt was a safe spot. The danger/caution filters only provide visual cues.

Now it works a bit like a reverse-sonar. Filtered mobs entering your FOV "ping" audibly, alerting you to their presence.

In one more revision I've added a command line parameter "%p", which will be replaced with a fractional value ranging from 0.100 - 1.500 (it's a fraction with 3 significant digits), which represents the proximity (0.1=at the very border of the FOV, 1.5=very very close - this value is reached before the mob is on top of the player). I use this as a volume modifier with sox, playing a Sonar sound and piping it through to esd:

Audio command:
    Code:
     /usr/local/bin/soxplayesd -v %p /usr/local/share/sounds/SonarShort.wav &
    soxplayesd:
    Code:
     #!/bin/sh
     /usr/bin/sox "$1" "$2" "$3" -c 4 -t .raw - 2>/dev/null | /usr/bin/esdcat 2>/dev/null
    (you may have to change the -c parameter above depending on your soundcard/setup)

I've tested this patch for several hours yesterday and haven't encountered any problems with it (which doesn't mean there aren't any )

Cheers
    -Tarwyn
    Attached Files Attached Files

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by tanner
    Purple you give this code your blessing?

If so, I'l patch-add (quilt) it into Debian packages.
    I didn't say that. I just said it looks ok from first glance. Whether it gets put in word for word when I merge it into the tree or not depends. I'd wait until it's in CVS if I were you, but you can do whatever you want!

Thread Information