Thread: new 'make' errors

new 'make' errors

ok I dumped mandrake's new named linux called mandriva too much trouble and I opted for Fedora 6 I ended up doing 2 days worth of downloads/patches all kinds of stuff to finally get the ./configure to work successfully, and it has.. then I get to the " make " here is what I got.. I did some changes found on another message about make problems and it only made matters worse. Also, I want to say that http://fedora.showeq.org is not useful at all. the last understandable info posted on there was for fedora c4 versions. I believe the writter honestly thinks everyone is an expert. I only installed linux for showeq, but there are a lot of things I learned since installing the first copy I downloaded. I really am excited.. I dont think I have used windows in 2 weeks

ok here is the problem .. can someone who know tell an uninformed newbie how to fix it?

/usr/include/linux/version.h:4: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘/’ token
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.1/../../../../include/c++/4.1.1/i386-redhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33: error: expected declaration before end of line
    make[2]: *** [main.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Developer

Re: new 'make' errors

Did you edit /usr/include/version.h in order to fix the problem with UTS_VERSION and not bother to mention it in your post?

yes I did.. and its probably not right but my version.h looks like this

#define UTS_RELEASE "2.6.19"
    #define LINUX_VERSION_CODE 132627
    #define KERNEL_VERSION(a,b,c) (((a) << 16) + ((b) << 8) + (c))
    #define UTS_RELEASE "2.6.19"

I also made the changes to the main.cpp an the other file in the other message about " make " errors there were two .cpp files listed that could be changed and another item it said to add I think it was in the last post of that tread. I did the cat /user/ something or other sorry cant recall of the top of my head but it did give me the version, I changed that in the version.h to match the output I got from doing that.

nano /usr/include/linux/version.h was also added and the resault was what you see in the first part of my message.. errors.....
    Last edited by whiterain; 01-27-2007 at 08:26 PM.

Developer

You only need one UTS_RELEASE define. Delete the 4th line of your /usr/include/linux/version.h and see what happens.

Thumbs up all the installs working now

Thanks that sure did the trick it was the last line as you said. its gone and I ran the make then the make install and it worked effortlessly.

Thanks very much.. I am learning linux...... wether I really wanted to or not... and now I know I want to.

You all are great for all the help you are providing.

Thread Information