Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I tried

I tried

Myseq.com expired. I tried to grab it but someone else got it. I even backordered it with godaddy and they failed me.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Re: I tried

Wow thanks for trying!
    Thanks for all the donuts.

Looks like MrDoh grabbed it. Whatta bastard.

Now we know his name tho:

Chrys Heard
    3775 Spring Dr.
    Huntsville, TX 77340
    US
    Registrar: ENAMECO
    Domain Name: MYSEQ.COM
    Created on: 22-JUL-07
    Expires on: 22-JUL-08
    Last Updated on: 22-JUL-07
    Administrative, Technical Contact:
    Heard, Chrys [email protected]
    3775 Spring Dr.
    Huntsville, TX 77340
    US
    +1.9363077086

What about Myseq.org or .net?
    Perhaps rename the program to reduce confusion between this version and the Mr. Doh's version. Some ideas that come to my mind are OpenSEQ, FreeSEQ, WinSEQ. Just a thought.

Good thought, for sure. I already tag this version as 'MySEQ Open' vs 'MySEQ' and even that makes me a little queasy.

Its hard to give up the MySEQ because that is what the originator called it, and I don't feel its my place to change that.

Mr. Doh stole the name from the real originators. If anything, he should rename his to something else. That would be like some company being able to steal Coca Cola (logo, formula, everything) and get away with it. The real founders of Coca Cola are then asked to go change their name to something else to avoid confusion. In that situation you'd be like, WTF? I don't see this as any different, because its not.

If the product were not what it is, I would spend a lot more time getting the OS community involved in bringing rexxpage to its freakin knees. As it stands, its best for all parties to just stay under the radar and not draw too much attention to ourselves. If they ever start charging a monthly fee, I think that would be the death of them.
    Last edited by Seaxouri; 07-25-2007 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaxouri
    Mr. Doh stole the name from the real originators. If anything, he should rename his to something else. That would be like some company being able to steal Coca Cola (logo, formula, everything) and get away with it.
    Well they didnt steal the logo from us. They stole it from FreeBSD. For a while, they had a message from them saying that they were not authorized to use it since it has NOTHING to do with Freebsd and that they would rather that MySEQ not use it. They did say that if they were to keep using it, that they had to at least give them credit for the logo...

Well I dont see credit for the logo anymore now that it has blown over.

I have kept watch on the myseq (.com .net .org) domains (along with SEQ's ones). Unfortunately that was the only one that has come up for change in the last 2 years that I have been watching them. BTW do not use GoDaddy for trying to backorder domains....I wasted 19.99 on it with no results as you can see.
    Last edited by BlueAdept; 07-25-2007 at 08:26 AM.

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

To be clear, our version never used that logo. That is something Mr. Doh pirated from FreeBSD after he pirated MySEQ from SourceForge.

Our logo is still some odd igloo thing. No idea, don't really care.

Mr. Doh's checklist:
    1. Take MySEQ's source - X
    2. Violate the GPL by not releasing the source - X
    3. Steal FreeBSD's logo - X
    4. Ban anyone who disagrees with Mr. Doh - X
    5. Screw over the world - Working on it.

Famous Quotes:

I like how they added in built in web pages into the app that go out and hit MySuperSales. I am sure they get kickbacks on the hits.

Note: I saw this in their Flash movie, not the app. I don't have their app.

Don't forget the music they stole from the Windows XP Welcome Wizard for their video ;-).

Our logo is still some odd igloo thing. No idea, don't really care.
    Isn't the igloo icon the default icon for visual C? Ive seen it elsewhere and dont think it is something that was created by someone here.

Famous Quotes:

No the default icon for visual c# has 3 little colored boxes. I can't remember where that one came from, i think someone submitted it.

I only have visual c 6. I believe it is from there, I could be wrong though. I havent used it though in many years.

I dont think I have seen the 3 boxes.

Famous Quotes:

If they ever start charging a monthly fee, I think that would be the death of them.
    What they do now isn't far from charing a monthly fee. Non-donating users receive virtually no support; updates don't reach these users for months.

Yeah the colored boxes are in 2005 for c# anyway, i'm pretty sure 2003 was the same which is what i used back then. The igloo definately wasn't the default though.

Thread Information