Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEWS: MySEQ Open v1.22 Released

Post NEWS: MySEQ Open v1.22 Released

This is a new release that contains both client and server. It has an installer that I just setup today. I hope it goes well.

Post any bugs you find with complete recreate information and/or logs.

Don't get rid of your old client/server just in case.

You can read more about the overhaul in the release notes at SF:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=80983

Happy Hunting!

-Seaxouri
    Thanks for all the donuts.

Re: NEWS: MySEQ Open v1.22 Released

"This is a new release that contains both client and server. It has an installer that I just setup today. I hope it goes well."

Can you clarify some - I'm a little confused by this - does it mean that the client and server are all in one program? Or does it mean it has both, and it runs like it used to (run server on one machine, run the map client on the 2nd)?

They are still separate programs, but only 1 download. Both are installed in the same directory which defaults(didn't ask) to C:\Program Files\MYSEQ\v1.22.0
    The install also created desktop shortcuts along with shortcuts under Start/Programs/MySEQ for both programs.

You still need to update myseqserver.ini with the 12/12 offsets.

Edit: Just noticed the maps are supposed to autodownload from mapfiend now. I manually added them before trying it out.
    Last edited by Hidron; 12-14-2007 at 12:11 AM.

The maps dont autodownload, that is still manual, as are filters. If a map is not found, you will see small red text indicating so.

Offsets need to be updated manually as always, although I might add a link to make opening the file easier.

I don't ask for the install path on purpose. I actually should have had the option of four install scenarios. One asks nothing, the next prompts the GPL, the third adds in path option, the last provides all possible options. I didn't like the last one, it had too many options. I wanted the GPL in there. I chose the third option first, but it did not work, only 1, 2 and 4 worked. So I went with 2. If someone wants to put it on a different drive, they can move it.

Other than that it is still the old client/server format. I just install them all together. Saves me time making an install.

Ok - I understand now tks. I just read that and didn't dawn on me (dense moment) that it was installing both at the same time, to the same directory.

And FYI - like the new interface - very clean. Can't wait until the few issues left with it are ironed out (was an issue mentioned with spawn points).

Seaxouri,

I'm shocked and amazed at the amount of work you've done. No wonder this was a year in the making. Reading your notes, it looks like you spent a lot of time removing some of the bloated code that found its way in over the years. I think the mantra for this version should be "fast and compact is king".

Anyway, this is a great early Christmas present. Thank you very much.

What happenned to the little markers that showed up where mobs spawned and told how long until next spawn, what the last spawn was, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by brianp
    What happenned to the little markers that showed up where mobs spawned and told how long until next spawn, what the last spawn was, etc?
    From the release notes:
    Busted Stuff:

- SpawnPoints are not working very well at the moment, even though the menu option is available. This is the next
    thing I want to cleanup.

- SpawnTrails are disabled at the moment. I want to revamp this code, but its not a terribly important feature.

Oh, didn't see that part. Speaking of spawn trails, they always seemed to be extremely inefficient... you'd turn them on and after a while, myseq began updating slower and slower until finally you had to just restart it to get any use out of it.

Something strange happened with SEQ. I have two monitors, and I used to have SEQ on my left monitor, and played EQ on the right one. But, for some odd reason, I can't get it on my left monitor any longer, and when I try and hit the 'double box' key in the upper right corner to change the window size, so I can drag it over onto my left monitor, it dissppears completely. I can't seem to move it, resize it or in any way get it onto my left monitor any more like I used to.

Hello folks im new here or well i juste myseq a very long time ago, and just now i thought i would try it at agian since it comes in handy some times.. But i installed this version and when i click on the Myseq Icon it just Tells me "Myseq has stop working" not sure if its Vista that dont want to run it or i just missed something in the install.. ? Would appriciate if someone could help me out

Quote Originally Posted by o___o View Post
    Something strange happened with SEQ. I have two monitors, and I used to have SEQ on my left monitor, and played EQ on the right one. But, for some odd reason, I can't get it on my left monitor any longer, and when I try and hit the 'double box' key in the upper right corner to change the window size, so I can drag it over onto my left monitor, it dissppears completely. I can't seem to move it, resize it or in any way get it onto my left monitor any more like I used to.
    Yes try opening the xml file and editing the size/position. change it to like 100,100 for posistion and 400,400 for size.

There is a bug where if you minimize the app and then close it while its minimized, it will reopen in an unviewable state. Its already fixed for the next release. Max window will work.

Quote Originally Posted by The one View Post
    Hello folks im new here or well i juste myseq a very long time ago, and just now i thought i would try it at agian since it comes in handy some times.. But i installed this version and when i click on the Myseq Icon it just Tells me "Myseq has stop working" not sure if its Vista that dont want to run it or i just missed something in the install.. ? Would appriciate if someone could help me out
    1) Be a little more elaborate on your details.
    2) Read the stickies in the help forums for clues on what might be going wrong. Don't just give up and ask for help, or at least indicate that you made even the slightest effort to figure out what the problem is.
    3) Make sure you have NET installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaxouri View Post
    There is a bug where if you minimize the app and then close it while its minimized, it will reopen in an unviewable state. Its already fixed for the next release. Max window will work.
    I got around this bug by right clicking the name in the taskbar and selecting 'move' (though I might have had to do 'restore' first to un-minimize it). Anyway, after selecting 'move', you can press any arrow key to move the window a few pixels in that direction, which also locks the window to the mouse pointer. So you do right click>move>any arrow key> and then move the mouse around and the window will pop into view. This works for any window lost off the edge of the screen.

The issue with the spawn points, does that effect saving mob data? (It doesn't seem to work; doesn't save respawn times and/or the loc of the mob that has spawned in a particular location - which is useful for tracking named mobs).

Thread Information