Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shards of Dalaya

Developer

Re: Shards of Dalaya

It looks like it is erroring out when it goes to get the list of available voices.

Are you running vista?

No XP SP3

Developer

Did the options ever work?

I would say delete the prefs.xml and positions.xml in the MySEQ folder. And try running MySEQ again.

Razzle

It did work with 1.19.8 Then I upgraded to latest 1.23 and now they don't work. I will try and delete the stated files, and see what happens.

Tried. Still crashes.

Ok.. Here is what I did. I placed the old maps in the 1.19 dir, deleted the files you said, and loaded the client. When opening the options, it gave me the same warning again, even before connecting to the server.
    Any ideas? Need any information?

Developer

Everything I found, says the error has to do with the SAPI engine, which is what does the speech for alerts. I found this post on a message board, with software that is supposed to fix registry errors associated with SAPI.

http://www.nextup.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1510

That is my best guess.

Razzle

Ok.. here are the facts.
    I did install a text to speech program or 2. One was even running in the background (Damn autostarts) so I turned it off. ran the program you suggested, and it found and fixed 2 registry problems. I rebooted and re-ran that program, and it said it found no registry problems, so they stayed fixed.
    The myseq client is still crashing. I don't know if the info is the same, so I will post it at the end.

Thank you for all your help. I hope you can resolve this one as well..

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004503A): Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004503A
    at SpeechLib.ISpeechObjectToken.GetDescription(Int32 Locale)
    at myseq.frmOptions..ctor()
    at myseq.frmMain.mnuOptions_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.MenuItemData.Execute ()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Command.DispatchID(Int32 id)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    MySEQ
    Assembly Version: 1.23.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.23.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/MySEQ/MySEQ.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    MagicLibrary
    Assembly Version: 1.7.4.0
    Win32 Version: 1.7.4.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/MySEQ/MagicLibrary.DLL
    System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    SpeechLib
    Assembly Version: 5.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 5.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/MySEQ/SpeechLib.DLL
    CustomMarshalers
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/CustomMarshalers/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/CustomMarshalers.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

One more thing.. How come sometimes the spawn timers just stop working all together? At least for specific spawns. Just curious if I have a setting wrong?

Developer

From the "other" text to speech software you installed, there appears to be another speechlib, that is loaded. I would search for *speechlib*.dll, and find any other occurences. If you find one, change the name of it, to see if it is interfering maybe? I am only guessing.

What text to speech software did you install?

Knowing more information, will help me figure out what is causing the problem. I am making some changes to the speech and the wavs for alerts, making them asynchronous. I have it so the program doesnt freeze anymore while playing sounds, which makes those options more appealing. So if I know more about what caused your problem, maybe I can fix it too. I want to push out a new version this weekend.

Did you uninstall the software or is it still installed?

As far as the timers, I don't know of problems with them working part time. I will have to look at that. Do they quit working at certain times? Like only when you have the window minimized? I have some ideas where to maybe look. Knowing more information could be helpful.

Razzle

There are no other speechlib files on my computer. Just the ones from SySeq (Mind you I still have 1.19 installed, and a copy of it someplace else, so I have 3 lib's but there all from myseq)
    I installed "Ultra-Hal text to speech reader" as well as "read please 2003" These programs can be found on download.com
    I am planning on uninstalling them just to see what happens.
    The MYSEQ, of course is still installed. I use it on the default 127.0.0.1 server, but it would be nice to be able to log onto any of the other people on my network playing.
    As far as spawns not working, I will look into when it happens, but I just installed another computer to run the client (another monitor) so I may have a whole different set of problems. I still want to be able to use it on my computer, so be assured the repairs won't go to "waste" and with you providing this program for free, the least I can do is help troubleshoot its problems for you.
    I will post a reply as to what happens when I am done uninstalling and playing.
    p.s. as I was writing this, I uninstalled read please (I use an uninstaller that removes everything) and it still isn't working. Mind you I havent done a reboot yet.

p.p.s. So does this mean it has a speech engine? How do I get it to work? It would be handy for it to say "<named so and so> has spawned" Does it work off of a list of things to call out? How do I make this "list"
    and I have a development sugestion (Unless it already does it) it would be nice to select a spawn LOCATION and be able to enter the spawn I am looking for, and have it call out when something spawns there, and what its called, and what the spot is called.
    Example. I am looking for "Batty the Bat" and his placeholder is "A Giant Bat"
    I set the location "Batty the Bat" spawns, and when the PH spwans it would say "A Giant Bad has spawned where Batty the Bat usally spawns" or when "Batty the Bat" spawns it tells me that "Batty the Bat has spawned"
    As you can tell, I already LOVE this program..
    and thanks againa million, if there is anything else I can do to help development, just ask!

Developer

Yes, there is speech. It does not sound good at all. In the next version it sounds pretty good. Or at least it sounds like speech. I have it working good now.

I cannot reproduce what you have done. But SAPI is not working for you anymore. I installed the software you said. I uninstalled, installed both, played with it some. I couldn't break things like yours is broken. Without being able to reproduce the bugs you have, it makes it very difficult to fix.

Filters/Alerts - You can right click on a mob name, and add it to a global or a zone specific alert. There are 4 levels of alerts, so you can make them distinct based on what you are hunting for. I have it in the next version, where when you add an alert, it allows editing of the text it is putting in. Just a editiable text window, that pops up, very simple.

I highly recommend just playing with everything, to learn how it works.

Filters are great for being notified of rares. Filters arent so good for placeholders, unless their name is rare too.

Razzle

Quote Originally Posted by SoDplayer View Post
    The MYSEQ, of course is still installed. I use it on the default 127.0.0.1 server, but it would be nice to be able to log onto any of the other people on my network playing.
    To see characters logged in from other computers on your network, you need to have the server portion of MySEQ running on the other computers. Of course you will need the offsets set correctly on them too, and need to know the local IP on them to add to the client software. Can only use 1 server at a time, but can swap between them inside the client.

and the next version you speak of is the one you plan to release this weekend?

I suppose there is no reason I cannot create the options on one computer, and transfer the prefs files over..

Is there any way to just turn the speech off? That way it won't matter if it doesn't work.

I will play around with it a bit, see what I can make it do, but please consider my suggestions for future releases..

Another quick question. It seems to suck up allot of processor power.. I have the client running on a 500mhz machine. Would it be normal for it to be slow? Or are there settings I can adjust it with? I am getting "0 FPS"

Thread Information