Thread: Needed or desired changes

Hybrid View

Re: Needed or desired changes

Razzle,

It’s great that you have expanded MySEQ. I have been using this since it was first released on Windows and I even lived through the whole "fiasco" where certain folks took the open source code from this project and built their own "pay" version. I have always remained loyal to this version and had resolved myself to the fact that it may never be updated. Anyway, your work is really appreciated!

I love what you have done so far and have one request. The Find Mob search box is a great feature. Would there be a way to draw a line, when a mob is found, from the toon to the searched/found mob? Just like when you click on a mob from the mob list it draws a line to the mob. Some zones have so many mobs that it can be hard to distinguish the flashing mob dot representing the mob found via the search.

Anyway, thank you very much for your efforts.
    Last edited by MacQ; 12-14-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by calzon65 View Post
    Razzle,

It’s great that you have expanded MySEQ. I have been using this since it was first released on Windows and I even lived through the whole "fiasco" where certain folks took the open source code from this project and built their own "pay" version. I have always remained loyal to this version and had resolved myself to the fact that it may never be updated. Anyway, your work is really appreciated!

I love what you have done so far and have one request. The Find Mob search box is a great feature. Would there be a way to draw a line, when a mob is found, from the toon to the searched/found mob? Just like when you click on a mob from the mob list it draws a line to the mob. Some zones have so many mobs that it can be hard to distinguish the flashing mob dot representing the mob found via the search.

Anyway, thank you very much for your efforts.
    The lookup can also match multiple mobs. I will think of how to do this. Maybe only draw a line to the closest? The better option, might be to enhance the skittles more so that there is a clear and distinct skittle on the map for what matches. I was thinking of like a ring around the mob, that cycles from larger to smaller, that would be like a target appearance around it. Where it goes from a large ring, that shrinks in size, then large, shrinks in size to the skittle size. Kind of like that. Something real clear tho. I have noticed that too, using that option. Being able to find the mob is not always easy. So I think there needs to be some sort of enhancement to the skittles too.

I didn't use myseq during the fiasco with the code. Even after reading it all, I could see both sides of the argument. But frankly, I didn't really give a rats ass. People will typically do what they want anyways. I was strictly an seq user when myseq was open for changes. So that is why a lot of my changes made it resemble seq in appearance more. It is just a hobby. I add stuff typically as I see a benefit and have time. Or if it just sounds fun to do.

Razzle
    Last edited by Razzle; 12-14-2011 at 07:39 PM.

I didn't even consider the search would return more than one mob, so I can see where that would add a level of complexity. Maybe if there was a way to have a skittle that really stood out, that could accomplish the same goal. As I mentioned, in some zones with so many mobs, players, and "flashing stuff", it's hard to see what mobs were selected via the search. Anyway, it sounds like you are on the right track, thank you.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by calzon65 View Post
    I didn't even consider the search would return more than one mob, so I can see where that would add a level of complexity. Maybe if there was a way to have a skittle that really stood out, that could accomplish the same goal. As I mentioned, in some zones with so many mobs, players, and "flashing stuff", it's hard to see what mobs were selected via the search. Anyway, it sounds like you are on the right track, thank you.
    But I took your idea of a line to the mob, and turned it into a fancy skittle idea. I knew the lookup mob was hard to find. I knew something was needed, but I quit thinking about it. I took your idea, and turned it into something that might work better. So keep the ideas coming. That is what I am best at. Taking a good idea, and making it better.

Razzle

Razzle when do you think you will release your next version?

Developer

I had surgery last week, so i have been pretty much out of commision. I hope to be back to working on the code soon.

Razzle

Well Razzle we hope it was minor surgery and everything went well, and that you are on the road to quick recovery.

Thread Information