Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 3/15 - CTD Issues

Re: 3/15 - CTD Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Roads View Post
    Just curious.. was this patch supposed to fix the non stop invalid packet errors? I never actually had the program totally crash.. thanks
    Fransick, thanks for the patch -- so far so good after a few days. As far as the packet errors, have you tried session tracking? The invalid packet errors seem to me related to unrelated network traffic, eg torrents.

I was in Sepulcher main zone last night, and some of the wandering mob skittles were named different than the actual mob. What would cause that? Static spawns seemed fine. We were killing everything that moved, and had been there a while before I noticed. So, I assume that they were respawns.

Developer

OP_SpawnRename is not correct maybe.

Developer

Anyone looked at the issue associated with the exp opcode? I decompiled the client and saw nothing new. I am guessing an overflow maybe with max exp or exp rate calculations. Anyone have a crashdump indicating where to start looking? I am not actively playing right now. So i have nothing to work with except looking through code. I don't get much time for that either.

Razzle

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Razzle View Post
    Anyone looked at the issue associated with the exp opcode? I decompiled the client and saw nothing new. I am guessing an overflow maybe with max exp or exp rate calculations. Anyone have a crashdump indicating where to start looking? I am not actively playing right now. So i have nothing to work with except looking through code. I don't get much time for that either.

Razzle

I can grab whatever you need but mine's been running rock solid for several weeks now so no crash dumps at the moment. Experience Window is a little flaky but I think that's more the old code of that functionality than any recent packet changes.

Thread Information