Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ShowEQ and Raspberry Pi

Re: ShowEQ and Raspberry Pi

Success!
    Showeq running on a raspberry pi.

I just need to figure out quite which change allowed access to the x server.

Additionally, as I currently have the whole desktop / showeq running in xming I just need to play about a bit to get just the showeq window over an x-forwarded session.

unfortunately I can't post any images though (unable to copy/move file).
    Your dad.

Awesome. How does it run?
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Very well so far, just giving it a couple of hours of running to see if anything odd makes it crap out.
    Your dad.

And a bit more update.

It seems to be very stable indeed, a definite improvemnt on the odd crash was to use session tracking and real time thread (Both from Network menu item) as zoning on 2 chars simultaneously was I think the primary cause of the buffer overflow.

I think all thet is left is to create a long list of easy to follow instrcution and everyone can have a showeq-pi
    Your dad.

Or could post a generic OS image and put it on dropbox or something.

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

yeah, you aren't the first to say "can I have your image" which is porbably the easiest way to go but I probably need to do it from scratch to clear off the other os's and unused crap to clean it all up a bit.
    The smallest part would be post "make" of teh source folder, leaving you to just "makes install" but you would need the pre-reqs of qt3, libtool, libpcap etc all being installed.
    Your dad.

..and one day I'll learn to type as well.

I'm blaming my termporary keyboard and new glasses.
    Your dad.

Lol just a suggestion. It probably wouldn't do me any good anyway. I havent been able to play EQ in probably a year now. Just dont have the time like I used to. For some reason, I got this bright idea to marry someone a couple years ago. What little time I had to myself is long gone.

Famous Quotes:

I'm going to attempt a fully running card image, but I do have to go and drink some beer tonight so don't expect it until later in the week.
    hopefully this way people can just load a card, set their own ip and run (or in case of updates, rebuild from svn and then run.

Marriage ain't that bad, you just need to get the eq<-> wife balance right, the had part is adding in a day job, social life and children. Spinning plates anyone?
    Your dad.

I have a job that demands 10+ hours a day from me. The wife takes the rest.

Famous Quotes:

As I haven't got round to an image yet, here is the best starting point I can provide:

Yes / next Ok or select the right bits (I think it asks for location, keyboard settings etc) and leave network as DHCP

Start with Raspbian, and after installing that, select advanced and start SSH server

you get to your nice pi@raspberry promt, install all of the following

1. apt-get update
    2. apt-get upgrade
    3. apt-get install xdm
    4. apt-get install x11-apps
    5. apt-get install libvte9
    6. apt-get install qt3-dev-tools
    7. apt-get install subversion
    8. apt-get install libtool
    9. apt-get install aclocal
    10. apt-get install make
    11. apt-get install automake
    12. apt-get install libpcap-dev

Now to get some other bits done

1. mkdir /build
    2. cd /build
    3. svn checkout http://svn.code.sf.net/p/seq/svn/showeq/trunk showeq
    4. cd showeq
    5. make -f Makefile.dist build
    6. ./configure

The next one takes foooooooking ages.

1. make
    2. make install

now if you are running the pi on what you will normally display it on, (tv) then we can just start showeq

1. showeq

You should now have a window . just need to set the ip to monitor in the network list, add some maps and also set network-> session tracking and network->real time thread

next check http://www.straightrunning.com/XmingNotes/pixming.php for info on how to get the window onto your windows pc, or you can rn showeq on your pi

Don't forget, you will need a set of maps too.

I think thats about it but ask any questions and I'll answer
    Your dad.

That is great. Thanks!

Famous Quotes:

Do you have it working on a hub or did you add a second network (usb?) card?

Famous Quotes:

Mines on a hub, I'm thinking about trying to get it to run from say laptop->cat45->pi->wifi->router with the pi just proxying the traffic through, but not sure if it will manage to cope with the traffic better or worse, it would though remove the need for a hub if it does work that way
    Your dad.

additional note - my image is currently ~ 16gb which I think is probably a bit big for uploading /dl just for showeq.
    Gonna have a rummage for a say 2gb card to do the install on, I know theres one here somewhere.

The notes above on what to install thoug are concise and should have the required results in less time than it would take do / upload /dl and write an image, and you still have to do the "make" which is ~1hour on a 512 model B pi.
    Your dad.

Thread Information