Thread: libEQ.a for PPC based linux

libEQ.a for PPC based linux

hello everyone,

i am looking for a PPC compiled version of libEQ.a, please.

when i was i on the search for this library, i believe i saw a sparc directory next to the intel version, but i didn't look inside to see if there actually was the sparc version of this library in there.

so it would be really great, if the author of libEQ.a could add a PPC compiled version as well.

thanks

This would be cool though I doubt it will get done. Just would be nice to do something with the mac'n'trash sitting on my desk besides play my music CD's

well, i needed my G4 or a project, but after that i didn't have any need for a MacOS based system. after that i started using it for linux, and i really like it again ... :-)

i also have an iBook (also with linux), and it is always fun too see people making bad jokes about a "computer for girls", but then they get somewhat "irritated" when the linux console shows up ... ;-)

I would gladly make libEQ.a available for linux on the PPC, but... I don't have a PPC machine nor do I have access to one... And I'm not gonna compile it on a machine controlled by someone I don't know (I've given my word to one of the authors designates not to give the source out)... Maybe one of the other guys with the source has access to a PPC based Linux mac. Dunno, sorry...

Enjoy,
    Zaphod (dohpaZ)
    Chief Software Engineer of the Apocalypse.
    http://showeq.doomed.to/
    SourceForge.net user: dohpaz.

Personal thank you donations are now accepted.

Originally posted by Zaphod
    I would gladly make libEQ.a available for linux on the PPC, but... [...] Maybe one of the other guys with the source has access to a PPC based Linux mac. Dunno, sorry...
    ever tried to setup a cross-compiling system ?

i will try to do such a setup, and if you are interested, i can somehow transfer the results to you.

Sourceforge offers a
    PowerPC architecture (IBM RS/6000 with PPC processor) - Linux OS kernel version 2.2 (Debian GNU/Linux 2.2
    I don't know if this is the same architecture that apple is using, though...

there are some PPC based linux distributions (debian, yellowdog, suse) and even a *bsd (i think it was freebsd) availible.

most of them support apple systems as well.

i have an iBook and a G4 system and started with suse 6.4 ppc edition, but i switched to yellowdog (a redhat based distribution) now.

there was also a "linux from scratch" (sub-)project for ppc based systems, but last time i have been there, i believe i only saw the intel one.

but most of all, i never had done a gcc-cross-compile setup myself ... that's why i mentioned it ... if i had only more time to get it running, actually even start with it ... ;-)

maybe i also found a workaround for my problem, after i changed the roles of my systems.

after some thinking and reinstalling, i will run the program on an old P1 system and exporting the gui to the G4 ... couldn't check it right now, because i am still installing the P1 system: somehow i forgot how "slow" it is - and it was soooo fast when i started with it ... :-)

Thread Information