Thread: MySEQ Help

MySEQ Help

Can anyone walk me through the process of installing MySEQ on Windows 7 client. I installed it but it does not capture any packet when I am playing EQEmu. It is connecting properly to 127.0.0.1 at port 5555 but is not showing any packet and not capturing any activities. Can anybody tell me where I am getting wrong ?
    I am very new in EQEmu and MySEQ. Any help will be thoroughly appreciated.

Re: MySEQ Help

You may need to see exactly what your computer's IP address is; very rarely is it 127.0.0.1. Usually it is something like 192.168.1.# where the # is unique to your machine (note that this may change from time to time if you use a router), and this should be listed on the Server portion of MySEQ just below where it says "listening". You need to enter this IP address under Options on the client, and then choose to connect to this address and see if you can get results.
    O

Actually 127.0.0.1 as an IP is fine if the client & server are on the same machine. Just a quick way to tell a network program to talk to the local machine (under IPv4 anyway). It is stated the client is connecting, so I would assume this is the case.

I am not sure if current releases work with emulated servers as the .ini files for them don't seem to get installed anymore. May need to take a look at some of the older ones.
    Last edited by Hidron; 06-19-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidron View Post
    Actually 127.0.0.1 as an IP is fine if the client & server are on the same machine. Just a quick way to tell a network program to talk to the local machine (under IPv4 anyway). It is stated the client is connecting, so I would assume this is the case.

I am not sure if current releases work with emulated servers as the .ini files for them don't seem to get installed anymore. May need to take a look at some of the older ones.
    Okay right now I am working on this. But I cant get it to work. Any help would be thoroughly appreciated.

The MYSEQ server says it is connected.

The Client side I tried with both the IP's ie 127.0.0.1 and 10.0.1.175.

But none of them worked.

Can you please help me on this ?

What is it that I am missing ?

I need to sniff packets. That is all I need to do. Is there any other way to do it ?

Thanks

I depends on what emu server you are using and the version of MySEQ. There's an old thread on connecting to project 1999 with version 1.27.2 of MySEQ. However I don't think that works now as I think project 1999 is encrypting some of their packets. So it may or may not work depending on which EQEMU server it is.

http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthr...ySEQ-and-EQEMU
    http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthr...9-EQEMU-Showeq

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuss View Post
    I depends on what emu server you are using and the version of MySEQ. There's an old thread on connecting to project 1999 with version 1.27.2 of MySEQ. However I don't think that works now as I think project 1999 is encrypting some of their packets. So it may or may not work depending on which EQEMU server it is.

Hi I am playing Project 1999 and playing on the server "Emus from Solocron". It is setup by me. Let me try if that works.

Do you have any other suggestions ?

And thank you very much for the reply

Smile Re: MySEQ Help

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuss View Post

Hi ,

Thanks for the threads. I installed the version 1.27.02
    It worked but then it crashed.
    At least some success. Thank you very much.
    Can you tell me what is the reason for crash and how to solve it ?
    And thank you once again

Again project 1999 seems to be encrypting some of their packets. It will not work there. Others have tried with success in the past, but not so much recently. If you search the forums you can find several threads specifically mentioning project 1999.

Developer

P99 has done a lot to prevent the effectiveness of third party programs. If myseq is crashing, then it is probably because they are making it crash. Dont underestimate their ability to catch you. I know what they do, and I would not dare try to get something up and running there without knowing I might get banned. What good is causing something to crash, if they are not watching? Imagine that they are watching your process list, then send data that crashes myseq while they watch
    for a program to crash. Guess what? They just caught you. I highly recommend to not try to run on p99 unless you want banned.

They encrypt packets to stop seq. They obfusicate the dll you have to use, so decompiling it is a bitch if its even possible. When they ban someone for 3rd party program use, they almost always have evidence that proves it 100%. They log and track ip addresses, so they will ban any account you logged in to over probably the last year.

Razzle

Hi,

Got MySEQ up and running. I am using a private server. Shortbuss's posts really helped me a lot.
    Can anyone tell me how and where to get the source code for the MySEQ ?

Thread Information