Thread: Easily Working Distro for ShowEQ?

Question Easily Working Distro for ShowEQ?

Greetings all,

I'm attempting to compile the SVN trunk of ShowEQ and am having some difficulty unfortunately.

I tried it on CentOS v6 x64 Minimal and Ubuntu v14.04.3 LTS but I was running into the same issue some others here faced with the QT Devel install not being recognized. My targeted deployment platform is VMWare Workstation 10, if that matters.

I recall reading that CentOS "worked out of the box" at one point, however it doesn't appear to be now (or I may be retarded and am doing something incorrectly).

Does anyone know a distro that will get SEQ compiled and running with minimal effort? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks in advance. Cheers!

Re: Easily Working Distro for ShowEQ?

I am about 95% sure it does work on CentOS 6. It may not work on CentOs 7. I havent tried. I would use a "desktop" or a full install and then add QT if necessary.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

I do remember that you have to go through several extra steps to get it to work in VMWare environment.

Does it compile? What is the error?
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

I am running CentOS 6.6 in VirtualBox no problems.

Though tonight's patch seems to have broken it again.

Works for me on CentOS 6, but i'm running on separate machine with a hub. I can't remember if i had to update a few packages but i think it was pretty minor.
    Worked out of the box on Redhat 9 like 10 years ago, but had issues getting that old distro to install on a modern machine. Had all kinds of problems with Ubuntu recently.

I think if you do a centos 6 complete or software developer install, all you have to do is install libpcap-devel and it should compile.

I used Centos6 livedvd and had to install libpcap-devel , qt-developer , subversion and I think something else trivial.

I used Centos6 livedvd and had to install libpcap-devel , qt3-developer , subversion , gcc-c++ and I think something else trivial.

Arch required some adjustment. IIRC, had to install qt3 from AUR and manually change two symlinks in /usr/bin. Wasn't too bad to do, but the troubleshooting was a nightmare.

Thread Information