Thread: Mapfiend?

Mapfiend?

Anyone try to go look at mapfiend today? I went to look for updates and it looks like his site is gone.

I got the same thing. Just a like to the entire map collection

Unhappy

Sorry yall, the Mapfiend site has been taken down permanently, for a combination of:
    Personal reasons; After a year and a half, I will FINALLY be putting up my shameless
    self promotion website to show off my l33t scripting and grafix skillz

Financial reasons; After going over my bandwith limits, and adding a second account
    to handle the spill-over bandwidth, site usage dropped to almost nil, rendering the
    second account useless. The site got quite costly, with no return.

As for the future, I plan on using the experience I gained with Mapfiend and CrushandSwill.com
    to start a Free Online Guild hosting service with ALL the trimmings, and some side dishes
    that nobody is currently offering

A snapshot of all the maps that were on Mapfiend, both EQ and DAOC is available here

The scripts I wrote to generate the png images, flash files and Adobe illustrator files
    will be available from my new site within the coming weeks.

I thank you all for the support you have shown me in the past, and teaching me how to
    maintain a descent web site

MF

Could someone please post where i can find a snapshot of all the maps that were on Mapfiend?

From the mapfiend site, www.k-r-g.com

--Jeeves

thanks for assistance

Sorry yall, the Mapfiend site has been taken down permanently, for a combination of:
    Personal reasons; After a year and a half, I will FINALLY be putting up my shameless
    self promotion website to show off my l33t scripting and grafix skillz

Financial reasons; After going over my bandwith limits, and adding a second account
    to handle the spill-over bandwidth, site usage dropped to almost nil, rendering the
    second account useless. The site got quite costly, with no return.

As for the future, I plan on using the experience I gained with Mapfiend and CrushandSwill.com
    to start a Free Online Guild hosting service with ALL the trimmings, and some side dishes
    that nobody is currently offering

A snapshot of all the maps that were on Mapfiend, both EQ and DAOC is available here

The scripts I wrote to generate the png images, flash files and Adobe illustrator files
    will be available from my new site within the coming weeks.

I thank you all for the support you have shown me in the past, and teaching me how to
    maintain a descent web site

MF
    I wonder if knows that the reason his site usage dropped to "nil" was becuase the shopping cart tool he was using was broken....

Thread Information